Good afternoon, All Elite Wrestling fans! While especially in America, you may have other things on your mind this week, we have some exciting things happening over on AEW Dark with Peter Avalon, who has really come into his own since becoming “Pretty”. Meanwhile, Matt Hardy continues screwing people over with his contracts. We had some big AEW-related happenings on IMPACT, and as always a couple fun exchanges on Twitter. Go ahead, get caught up on what happened, and enjoy Dynamite tonight!
Being The Elite
- We get backstage footage of Kenny and Callis talking to the Young Bucks right before the match last week that they were supposed to compete in. Just minutes before entrances, they are saying that the Young Bucks will be coming out separately to their own music.
- After the match, The Bucks confront The Good Brothers and Omega. They tell The Bucks that they had no idea what happened, it must have been Don Callis who doesn’t know any better. Omega says it was just a mistake and was totally an accident. They try to tie things up. Kenny and Good Brothers walk away and the Young Bucks say to themselves it was completely planned, and that Omega and Good Brothers just lied to them.
- The Dark Order plan how to welcome Hangman into the Dark Order. Stu is on the phone ordering “a real life horse that is chocolate”, Evil Uno is getting a bouncy castle, and Alex Reynolds is getting mermaids.
- Allie says hi to Brandon, then walks away and flips him off behind his back. I assume this is in reference to their Among Us play sessions.
- Matt Hardy is mad that Private Party called him a “money-grabbing carnie,” but then says that on Dark there is a huge match for them. He tells them they need to win BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY. He repeats that four or five times, getting in their face.
- Kris Statlander reports back on her watch. She concludes Griff Garrison is much too big to be able to experiment on, but decides his partner, Brian Pillman, Jr., would be better for her experiment.
- She captures him and takes him back to the boiler room where her experiment is to make him read the following: “EYE EM SOFA KING STOOP ED”. After a couple readings Pillman gets it and gets angry. Statlander kicks him out of her lair.
- Peter Avalon and Leva Bates say hi, have awkward small talk then leave.
- Luchasaurus is in the new EVP room, complaining that it used to be the lounge for everyone. He goes to get a soda when Cutler pops up out of nowhere asking if he’s ready for their match on Dark. Cutler insists that there WILL be a dragon there, then calls Luchasaurus a fossil. Luchasaurus is mad that he would throw such a slur around.
- Leva Bates goes over to Kip and tells him she let him win. Kip tries to handle the news then challenges Leva to one more game. Of what? He has no idea, but Leva accepts.
- John Silver and Alex Reynolds play beer pong for the BTE belt using bottle caps instead of balls. (As someone who played a ton of beer pong in college I have to say, they are not minding their elbows at all. Elbows, people!) John Silver retains his title.
- Matt Hardy talks to The Bucks about the new EVP room. He has the key to the room and they have to come to him whenever they want in (which was in the contract they didn’t read). Hardy is now asking for payment — they pay him about 700 bucks for their rent for the week. Hardy walks off and The Bucks ask if they’re just stupid babyfaces who fall for everything now.
- Luchasaurus def. Brandon Cutler. Luchasaurus is still upset with Cutler going around talking about dragons being real.
- Sammy Guevara def. El Australiano. Afterwards Sammy cuts a promo saying he’s carrying Dynamite and Dark. He then says people say he’s only here cause of Jericho, but Jericho picked him out in the first place because he was so good.
- Scorpio Sky def. Nick Comoroto
- Shanna def. Marti Daniels
- The Butcher & The Blade def. Mike Verna & Baron Black
- Gunn Club def. RYZIN, Adam Priest & Vary Morales
- Santana & Ortiz def. Jon Cruz & Danny Limelight
- “Pretty” Peter Avalon comes out and cuts a promo bragging about how he’s been on a winning streak. He calls out Lee Johnson for a modeling competition on Dark next week that he calls “The Walk Off”.
- Private Party def. Aaron Solow & Lee Johnson. Matt Hardy barks at Private Party throughout the match and ends up hitting Aaron from outside the ring to help them get the win. After Private Party, he brings them together for a huddle and appears to be yelling at the two of them.
- Big Swole def. Alex Garcia
- Sonny Kiss def. Zack Clayton
- Top Flight def. KC Navarro & AJ Kirsh
- Ivelisse & Diamante def. Tesha Price & Katalina Perez
- The Acclaimed def. Shawn Dean & Fuego Del Sol
- Lucha Brothers def. Chaos Project
- Matt Hardy and Private Party appear on IMPACT. Matt declares that Private Party has a huge match tonight on Dynamite but they need a warm up and will have one on IMPACT.
- Don Callis, Kenny, and the Good Brothers are hanging out backstage. Don talks to the camera and says that Kenny and Don are going to take a brief hiatus before taking care of some business in Jacksonville.
- In order to out-carny Don Callis, Tony Khan says he has sent Matt Hardy and Private Party. Tony notes HE isn’t a carny, but Matt is the biggest one.
- Tony is ringside for Private Party’s match. They pick up a win and are now number one contenders for the IMPACT tag titles.
Twitter Happenings and Misc.
- Nyla Rose has a business idea and Lance Archer wants in.
- Dax and Trent discuss the appropriate birthday posts for your SO.
- Peter Avalon is confused by what people mean when they call his match today with Cody a “squash” match.
- Cody seems confused with Peter Avalon’s new competition.
- Serena Deeb is on this week’s episode of the AEW podcast.
- Cody notes that Tony Khan has a captain’s log notebook from Star Trek.
- If you like some fun, dumb memes, make sure to follow the AEW Games Twitter account
Like what we do here at AIPT? Consider supporting us and independent comics journalism by becoming a patron today! In addition to our sincere thanks, you can browse AIPT ad-free, gain access to our vibrant Discord community of patrons and staff members, get trade paperbacks sent to your house every month, and a lot more. Click the button below to get started!
Do you love wrestling? Do you have strong opinions on AEW, WWE, NJPW, Impact, ROH, and the independent scene? Do you like to write about wrestling? Then we want you on our team. AIPT is currently recruiting wrestling writers. Apply to write for AIPT today!