Peter Parker is far from the only one who got put through the wringer by The Clone Conspiracy. Now it’s Cindy Moon’s turn to deal with the fallout.
Silk #18 (Marvel Comics)
- Not sure Mattie and Cindy knew each other well enough to inspire tears, but digging a grave in the middle of the night would certainly make me cry.
- Cindy’s supporting cast is awesome.
- It takes a lot to feel bad for J. Jonah Jameson, but there you go.
- Nice to see her brother is not crazy (hopefully) and being supportive.
- Another graveyard scene, but much happier and a lot more fun. Seriously.
- Not sure how I feel about this decision, but it beats the heck out of her giving up.
Unless you count “retrieving a kite stuck in a tree” as action, then there’s not a whole lot of excitement to be found in Silk #18. Instead, we get a lot of well-written, well-drawn pages of Cindy Moon finally coming to grips with the emotional fallout of her 10-year exile from the rest of the world.
There are some genuinely touching and sad moments, particularly the one she shares with her (former) boss, J. Jonah Jameson. We also get a nice springboard into a new direction for the book…which I’m not 100% in favor of, but this creative team has more than earned a chance to make it work.
It’s also little disappointing that we don’t dive back into the family secret issue from before, but an issue like this was probably needed to create some space from the major Clone Conspiracy event that just finished ripping through all the Spider titles. This one will probably read much better in the trade (especially for a meathead like me who wants to see more of Silk/Cindy kicking ass), but it’s still a good read on its own, as well.
Like what we do here at AIPT? Consider supporting us and independent comics journalism by becoming a patron today! In addition to our sincere thanks, you can browse AIPT ad-free, gain access to our vibrant Discord community of patrons and staff members, get trade paperbacks sent to your house every month, and a lot more. Click the button below to get started!