Season 3 of Better Call Saul premieres on AMC Monday, April 10. Do you have a tasty snack ready? No? Then let’s look to Saul Goodman’s future career as a Cinnabon manager for inspiration!
While I’m 99.9% sure Saul isn’t bringing home spare Cinnabons to turn into bread pudding, I’m willing to bet it’d cheer him up if someone made it for him.Ingredients:
2 large cinnamon rolls – preferably Cinnabon to keep with the theme, but any will do (not the fresh soft ones you just bought – eat those as is … now! For this recipe, you want the ones from yesterday that you forgot to freeze and are getting a tad bit dry, or the ones you remembered to freeze a month ago)
⅔ cup whole milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ cup dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened (for greasing baking dish)
4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
4 tablespoons powdered sugar
2-6 tablespoons whole milk
4 Individual ramekins (or a 8-inch baking dish/cake pan, whatever you have on hand)
- Preheat oven to 350, butter ramekins or baking dish.
- Cut the cinnamon rolls into bite-sized cubes. Set aside.
- Whisk sugar, milk, eggs, cinnamon and vanilla together in a bowl until completely combined. Add in cinnamon roll cubes and gently stir so the pieces on the cinnamon roll are covered in the egg mixture. Let sit for 10 minutes to absorb – give it a gentle stir every once in a while to make sure the cinnamon roll pieces soak up the egg mix evenly.
- Divide mixture among ramekins and bake for 30-35 minutes, until nicely browned, set, and slightly puffed up.
- While bread pudding is cooking, make the icing by mixing together cream cheese and powdered sugar, then add in milk, a tablespoon at a time, until the icing is smooth and thick, but still pourable.
- Allow bread pudding to cool for about 15 minutes (or as long as you can stand to wait since your whole kitchen will smell like delicious cinnamon), drizzle icing over the top and enjoy!
Any geeky fare you’d like to see featured in a future recipe? Let me know in the comments below or on Twitter @geekwithawhisk.
Become a patron today to get exclusive perks, like access to our exclusive Discord community and our monthly comic book club, ad-free browsing on aiptcomics.com, a physical trade paperback sent to your house every month, and more!