WWE is all about lights, camera, action and really big muscles! I can say that there was a stage in my life where I seriously loved watching the WWF with my brother. It was the days where Triple H ruled the roost, where Bret “The Hitman” Hart was my absolute favorite and “Stone Cold” Steve Austin crushed beer cans. I loved the entertainment value but finally grew out of it. Still, WWE generates well over $1 billion annually.
What does it take to be a WWE wrestler? You have to have a lot of character and know how to put on a performance and you also have to have a lot of stamina, agility, have a good level of fitness and ideally have a really strong, muscular body.
Triple H, real name Paul Michael Levesque, normally trains 4 days per week, performing 2 heavy workouts (maximum-effort upper and lower body) and 2 lighter ones focused either on speed or reps, depending what his goals are. But did you know that it is proven that heavy resistance training and even endurance training increases athletes and wrestlers susceptibility to getting hemorrhoids?
Yes, you read right! Hemorrhoids – something nobody wants to deal with! If you are a workout junkie and suffer with or have ever suffered with hemorrhoids read this HemClear reviews to find out the best way in treating these real nasty buggers!
Former bodybuilder, wrestler and actor Batista, real name David Michael Bautista Jr., also has a stringent workout plan. His 6 foot 5 physique is physical perfection. This is his workout plan:
On Day 1, Batista trains his calves and thighs.
- 3-4 sets of both Seated and Standing Calf Raises with 10-15 reps
- 3-4 sets of Seated, Standing, and Lying Leg Curls with 10-15 reps
- 2-3 sets of Hack Squats with 10-15 reps
- 3-4 sets of Leg Extensions with 10-15 reps
- 2-3 sets of Leg Presses with 10-15 reps
On Day 2 he takes a rest.
On Day 3, Dave concentrates on his back and shoulders.
- 3-4 sets of both Front and Rear Pull-downs with 10-15 reps
- 2-3 sets of Seated Cable Rows with 10-15 reps
- 3-4 sets of Lateral Raises with 10-15 reps
- 2-3 sets of Barbell Behind-the-Neck-Press with 10-15 reps
- 2-3 sets of Bent Laterals with 10-15 reps
- 3-4 sets of Dumbbell Shrugs with 10-15 reps
On Day 4, he relaxes and takes rest.
On Day 5, he works on his chest and arms.
- 3-4 sets of Incline Bench Press with 10-15 reps
- 2-3 sets of Dumbbell Bench Press with 10-15 reps
- 2-3 sets of Cable Crossovers with 10-15 reps
- 3-4 sets of Dumbbell Curls with 10-15 reps
- 2-3 sets of Preacher Curls with 10-15 reps
- 3-4 sets of Triceps Presses with 10-15 reps
- 2-3 sets of Triceps Extensions with 10-15 reps
- 3-4 sets of both Normal and Reverse Wrist Curls with 10-15 reps
- 3-4 sets of Hanging Leg Raises with 10-15 reps
- 2-3 sets of Crunches with 10-15 reps
On Day 6, he takes the day off.
Of course there is no real point to all this exercise if you are going to make it a habit of eating hamburgers, fries, pizza, milkshakes and cola every day, so in order to have physical perfection, a stringent diet plan needs to be placed in order.
With these kind of athletes, a bigger body equals more fans and a bigger revenue. Batista’s diet consists of low-fat items and large amounts of protein. He doesn’t worry too much about carbs and calories due to his strict and intense training regimen. His diet includes grilled chicken, tuna, pork, egg whites, fish, whey protein, cottage cheese, baked potatoes, oatmeal, salad, green beans and peas. He drinks a protein shake that provides protein and carbs for boosting energy and promoting muscle growth and also ingests supplements that help him recover from his workouts as this is very important.
Exercise, diet, flair, pizzazz is all it takes should you want to enter this arena of athleticism. Do you have dreams of becoming a WWE star? Train hard and go for it! Your dreams may just become a reality!
Like what we do here at AIPT? Consider supporting us and independent comics journalism by becoming a patron today! In addition to our sincere thanks, you can browse AIPT ad-free, gain access to our vibrant Discord community of patrons and staff members, get trade paperbacks sent to your house every month, and a lot more. Click the button below to get started!