Welcome to our very special Avengers: Endgame “the comics take” special. This is where we give our thoughts on the epic new film and most importantly discuss how it referenced key comic book stories. We also talk where we go from here, which David also discussed in his spoiler article here.
Check out our show notes below which is filled with info about first appearances and further detail.
We break down how Avengers: Endgame was inspired by comic books and all the comic book stories referenced in the film. Plus our take on the film, and where we go from here.
Our thoughts. What was good and what was bad.
- Pepper’s RESCUE (Mk 1616) Armor- Invincible Iron Man #10 (2009) Matt Fraction, Salvador Larocca
- Professor Hulk- First appearance Incredible Hulk #377 (1991) By Peter David and Dave Keown
- Ronin- New Avengers #27 (2007) Brian Michael Bendis, Lenil Yu
- New Asgard- Thor by J. Michael Straczynski (Oklahoma, not Norway)
- “Hail Hydra” – Secret Empire by Nick Spencer
- Cap wields Mjolnir – 5 times. First: Thor #390 (Tom DeFalco, Ron Frenz) Most recent: Secret Empire #10 (Nick Spencer, Steve McNiven)
- A-Force – Big finish we get a shot of Shuri, Captain Marvel, Valkyrie, Pepper, Okoye, Scarlet Witch, and Wasp. By G. Willow Wilson, Marguerite Bennett, Jim Cheung
- Falcon becomes Captain America – Secret Empire – Falcon series Captain America: Sam Wilson Vol. 1 by Nick Spencer Daniel Acuna
Extra things of note
- Jim Starlin Cameo
- Ant-Man’s original helmet
- Carol’s Haircut
- Hulk holding a mountain of rubble
- Black Widow’s Ballet Shoes
- Cap wears a Roscoe name tag
- Asgardians of the Galaxy
- Howard the f-----g duck
- Cosmic Ghost Rider – kill baby Thanos
Where do we go from here?
Like what we do here at AIPT? Consider supporting us and independent comics journalism by becoming a patron today! In addition to our sincere thanks, you can browse AIPT ad-free, gain access to our vibrant Discord community of patrons and staff members, get trade paperbacks sent to your house every month, and a lot more. Click the button below to get started!