This week in the news, we talk briefly about Grumpy Cat and his comic series from Dynamite, discuss Jonathan Hickman’s interview with comicbook.com about his plans for X-Men books through 2020, discuss Tom King and his promise to change Batman “for a generation”, ponder if Robert Kirkman will kill off Rick Grimes in the next issue, go over new series from Marvel like Power Pack, DC bringing back WildCATS (and other solicit info like Green Lanterns of the Universe, death of the speed force), and get excited for the TV adaptation of Stumptown on ABC.
We also do a superhero fight between Ra’s al Ghul and Rocket Raccoon (who is a better infomercial spokesman) and Dave gets on the soapbox to discuss Star Wars comics and how they should all stay in the same timeframe.
Top books out last week
- Justice League #24 (W: Scott Snyder, A: Jorge Jimenez
- Star Wars: TIE Fighter #2 (W: Jody Houser, A: Roge Antonio)
- Spider-Man: Life Story #3 (W: Chip Zdarsky, A: Mark Bagley)
- Spider-Man and the League of Realms #1 (W: Sean Ryan, A: Nico Leon)
Check out our favorite cover art out next week May 29th below. We talk about the covers at the hour and 51-minute mark. Covers include Tony Stark: Iron Man #11 by Alexander Lozano and Martian Manhunter #5 by Joshua Middleton.
You can find AiPT! Comics on iTunes, Google Play, or wherever you get your podcasts. As always, if you enjoy the podcast, be sure to leave us a positive rating, subscribe to the show and tell your friends!
Join the AIPT Patreon
Want to take our relationship to the next level? Become a patron today to gain access to exclusive perks, such as:
- ❌ Remove all ads on the website
- 💬 Join our Discord community, where we chat about the latest news and releases from everything we cover on AIPT
- 📗 Access to our monthly book club
- 📦 Get a physical trade paperback shipped to you every month
- 💥 And more!