It’s the second night of All Elite Wrestling’s Fyter Fest! Being the Elite had some important character development and some honestly hilarious skits. We got another Road to… package for tonight as well. There wasn’t anything too important going on on Twitter this week, but there were some fun tweets nevertheless.
Being The Elite
- Evil Uno throws paper in his own face after Brodie Lee’s call from last week telling him to do so.
- Private Party teases Matt Jackson about his injury and claims he’s lying about being OK. Nick corrects them by yelling he’s “deadass” and they go flying.
- John Silver and Alex Reynolds go to the backstage fortune teller to try to recruit him to the Dark Order but fail.
- Later, Silver and Reynolds go to Best Friends to recruit them too, byt they refuse them. Trent’s mom pops up to reveal she has joined the Dark Order.
- Cutler and the librarians are talking to Young Bucks. The Bucks quiz the three about what to do during a tag match. They almost do perfectly, then Peter Avalon answers that the best decision in a match is to take all the glory for himself.
- Colt Cabana goes to mess with Kenny. Young Bucks advise him against it and that the gimmick is legitimately getting on Kenny’s nerves. They tell Colt Kenny is in “Cleaner” mode and is going as far as to wear aviators. They advise him to steer clear of Kenny.
- Hangman confronts the Young Bucks about their “Christian AF” bit, it becomes clear that the Bucks do not know what “AF” means.
- Frankie Kazarian is still talking with a southern accent. Christopher Daniels thinks it might be because of Hardy in some way, and that a deity got inside Kazarian.
- Nick Jackson (as the merch freak) and Matt Hardy do a trick involving flashing between Matt’s different personas.
- Bucks/Hangman/Kenny are joking about WWE’s accidental leak for this week’s NXT. The group then agree the scene is over, obviously they are “not in character” right now. Hangman wants to grab a drink with FTR. Kenny doesn’t want to due to their history. Hangman conveniences him FTR is fine.
- Kenny leaves and Hangman is about to but the Bucks stop him and ask if their friendship is OK. Page says things are stable between them but and good working relationship, but friends? Not so much currently. Hangman describes it as “I love you guys, but I don’t like you guys”. He then leaves.
- Shawn Spears def. Brian Pillman Jr.
- Big Swole def. Rache Chanel
- Allie and Brandi are trying to work things out; they start arguing and Dustin tells Allie not to play games or pull any shenanigans.
- Frankie Kazarian def. Luther
- The Butcher, The Blade and Lucha Bros. def. Donati/Andre/Alonzo/Pierce
- Orange Cassidy def. Will Hobbs.
- Michael Nakazawa def. Shaw Dean
- Scorpio Sky def. Serpentico
- Dark Order (Evil Uno and Stu Grayson) def. Brandon Cutler and Peter Avalon
Road to Fyter Fest
- Young Bucks and FTR discuss their rivalry. FTR talk about how they will do everything to make sure the Young Bucks don’t get injured so they can claim a legitimate victory when they finally have a match against each other.
- Jericho talks again about how Orange Cassidy is a one trick pony. He hopes to teach Cassidy a thing or two in the ring in order to help him not be such a “big dumb idiot,” to quote Jericho’s favorite phrase. Orange Cassidy simply says for tonight’s episode he’s going to try.
Misc. Social Media
- Cody will be on Hot Ones game show, so if you’re a fan of the YouTube series, check that out.
- Cody will also be live tweeting the episode.
- Proud and Powerful were threatening Trent’s mom with slashed tires
- Evil Uno wants an AEW wacky racing video game
- Evil Uno has also started Twitch streaming lately, mostly out of character and happily answers questions from chat. He is a delight.
- Brian Cage is on the AEW Podcast. Warning: Some Lucha Underground spoilers.
Like what we do here at AIPT? Consider supporting us and independent comics journalism by becoming a patron today! In addition to our sincere thanks, you can browse AIPT ad-free, gain access to our vibrant Discord community of patrons and staff members, get trade paperbacks sent to your house every month, and a lot more. Click the button below to get started!
Do you love wrestling? Do you have strong opinions on AEW, WWE, NJPW, Impact, ROH, and the independent scene? Do you like to write about wrestling? Then we want you on our team. AIPT is currently recruiting wrestling writers. Apply to write for AIPT today!