Hello, All Elite Wrestling fans! Here is a quick recap to get you prepped for tonight’s episode of Dynamite. This week was extremely slow on social media but Being the Elite had some more juicy character development with the fallout of Kenny beating up Marko post match last week, as well as him confronting Hangman about drinking with FTR. AEW Dark had a couple interesting developments which you need to know going forward as well. So catch on up and enjoy Dynamite this week!
Being the Elite
- The episode almost immediately flashes back to The Bucks talking to The Good Brothers, discussing their plans to start AEW. The Good Brothers are supportive and as soon as the Bucks leave both agree that the Bucks are stupid for trying to start something.
- Kenny likes the “Christian AF” gimmick but he wants to expand on it and create his own version with “Scientologist AF”.
- Silver and Reynolds tries to recruit Nyla Rose. They offer her some Kool-Aid, she whips out a crazy straw that says ‘f*ck you’ to drink it. Silver and Rynolds leave, dejected.
- Matt Jackson and Big Money Matt are hanging out. Matt Jackson is annoyed by Big Money Matt. Big Money Matt claims he has heat with Matt and ends up leaving. Surge Matt comes in and Jackson is exasperated by having to deal with all of Matt Hardy’s personalities. Matt becomes Broken Hardy to explain a term as Jackson becomes even more exasperated.
- Best Friends don’t have an idea for Brandon for this week’s BTE. The finally all agree they need to try to kill him.
- Kenny gets upset that Hangman has been hanging out with FTR. Hangman tells Kenny to cool it. Kenny says that he’s fine and that having the beer poured on him is water under the bridge. It’s clear it’s not fine.
- Luchasaurus calls out Kenny for going after Marko. Says he should go apologize to Marko. Kenny resists initially, but finally goes to apologize.
- Marko is upset and Kenny promises to make it up to him. Marko says he looks up to Kenny, but “you know what they say, don’t meet your heroes”. Kenny apologizes again, promising to fix it, walks out and laughs to himself at Marko for saying something like “don’t meet your heroes”.
- Colt Cabana once again tries to walk in and do his bit with Kenny. Griff Garrison goes to stop him. Colt Cabana has no idea who Griff Garrison is.
- The Young Bucks try to find out how to get the 50+ demo in the ratings. They decide to do a bit about how to keep up a garden.
- Matt and Nick Jackson pretend to be doctors. Private Party doesn’t believe him until — and as Quen says, “I know where this is going” — Matt says, “I’m deadass”.
- The Dark Order yells about who should wear a mask and who is more handsome. Brodie Lee storms in, is angry at John Silver, and opens up his jacket to reveal he is dual wielding stacks of papers. The episode ends as the rest of the Dark Order leave Silver to his fate.
- Taz claims he has a new friend, who is revealed to be Ricky Starks later in the episode.
- Shida def. Rache Chanel
- Kip Sabian def. Corey Hollis
- Dustin Rhodes is training the Nightmare Sisters. Brandi says she wants to highlight the women’s division more. Brandi and Allie get in an argument after Allie starts repeating everything she says.
- Best Friends def. Sabby/Brady Pierce
- Ricky Starks def. Will Hobbs
- Scorpio Sky def. Aaron Solow
- Diamante def. Kilynn King
- Darby Allin def. Robert Anthony. Brian Cage and Ricky Starks come out and attack Darby. Robert tries to help Darby out but gets taken out. Darby gets powerbombed. It appears Ricky and Cage are now working together.
- The Butcher and The Blade def. Brandon Cutler and Peter Avalon. Although Cutler and Avalon keep losing the two are finally looking like a real tag team. Will they end up getting their first win together? Who knows but it seems more and more likely they will.
Twitter Happenings and Misc
- Luchasaurus shows off his birth certificate to prove how old he is to Jericho (who last week questioned his age). Jericho is still suspicious.
- Colt Cabana was on AEW’s podcast. Colt is extremely funny and just a fun guy to hear talk.
- MJF has bad musical tastes (apologies to all Maroon 5 fans out there)
Do you love wrestling? Do you have strong opinions on AEW, WWE, NJPW, Impact, ROH, and the independent scene? Do you like to write about wrestling? Then we want you on our team. AIPT is currently recruiting wrestling writers. Apply to write for AIPT today!