Good afternoon, everyone, and welcome back to All Things All Elite! After some consideration, I have moved Sammy’s blog to the Miscellaneous section, as it’s mostly just Sammy hanging out and there aren’t ever any real character/plot related things. Also, I highly recommend checking out Cody’s interview as well as Moxley’s promo both in the Miscellaneous section as well.
Being The Elite
- Nick Jackson pushes Matt Jackson to work harder to catch the most important demo for ratings, the 50+ demo. Matt complains he is out of ideas. Nick insists he needs inspiration.
- Nick brings in the local jobbers from previous BTE episodes to try to inspire Matt, and they continue to beat Matt until he gets an idea. He does, and decides he will teach everyone how to hang a painting.
- Cutler tells the Bucks he thinks Colt Cabana was murdered by the Best Friends. They convince him that it was all in his head and that he imagined it.
- Matt Hardy and the Bucks discuss the chair shot he took last week from Sammy. Matt starts cycling through all of his different personalities without cutting the camera and changing outfits.
- Marko Stunt follows a trail of candy into a back room where Silver and Reynolds pop out. They tell him that the Dark Order will give him all the candy he wants. Luchasaurus bursts in and tells him not to take candy from strangers.
- TH2 cuts another promo, accusing fans of not knowing how great they truly are. They declare that the TH2 comeback tour is here and they won’t quit until everyone agrees that they are the best.
- Santana and Ortiz come out to talk about their new word of the week, chisma (gossip). Ortiz whispers a secret in Santana’s ear, who quickly starts spreading the rumor around. Soon everyone knows about it. Marko Stunt runs in, curses out the two and admits that the entire thing is true, it’s all true. Proud and Powerful look at each other confused, claiming none of that is what they were talking about.
- Brodie Lee congratulates everyone for the Dark Order win, except for Reynolds and Silver since they lost their match. He gives Evil Uno the privilege of hitting the two with papers.
- Christopher Daniels does a skit making fun of those buy gold ads, telling everyone instead to buy copper. He holds up a penny and offers one for a dollar each.
- The Elite sit around complaining about their loss to the Dark Order. Kenny admits he’s not OK and kind of devastated that they lost to a cult and a comedy team. The Elite point out that Kenny is also a comedy wrestler. They praise Kenny for that and say they would absolutely hate having to deal with Kenny as The Cleaner. They encourage Kenny to relax. Kenny is not happy.
- The Elite turn on the TV to only find the Dark Order is on for some reason. The Dark Order is singing the “Baby Back Ribs” song for a Chili’s commercial, revealing they got the commercial deal with Chili’s The Elite wanted. The group yells at Matt Jackson that he ruined everyone’s lives.
- Rey Fenix def. Lee Johnson
- A short video package of Scorpio Sky claiming he is nowhere near done and that he is capable of so much more than the role on AEW Dark he has been given.
- Shawn Spears def. Alex Chamberlain. The ref made sure to check Shawn’s glove at one point during the match. Shawn didn’t need to cheat this time though.
- Billy and Austin Gunn def. M’Badu and Shawn Dean
- Kip Sabian def. Michael Stevens. An extremely quick match with Kip absolutely destroying Stevens.
- Private Party def. Griff Garrison and Brian Pillman, Jr.
- Jurassic Express def. Pineapple Pete, Corey Hollis and Aaron Solow
- Natural Nightmares def. TH2
- Penelope Ford def. Rachael Ellering. At one point, Kip took at that leaf blower that for some reason is under the ring sometimes. A hilarious bit followed where the commentators try to find reasons why it’s always under the ring.
- The Butcher and The Blade def. SCU. Surprisingly, B&B picked up the win, albeit with the ref ignoring the fact Butcher ran into the ring untagged, but still, surprising.
The Deadly Draw
- Big Swole picks her poker chip out of the hat to reveal that she is partnering with Lil’ Swole, aka Nicole Savoy. Nicole is an indie wrestler who has teamed with Big Swole before in Rise Wrestling where they were dubbed ‘The Swole Family’.
- Big Swole and Lil’ Swole def. Leva Bates and Rache Chanel. Leva Bates got some offense in, but both Swoles dominated most of the match, leading to Big Swole pinning Leva.
- Ivelisse got partnered up with Diamante.
- Dasha was then told she would compete! She’s wrestled elsewhere before, but with her role being announcer/interviewer on AEW, we haven’t seen her wrestle here before. She was partnered with Rachael Ellering.
- Ivelisse and Diamante def. Dasha and Rachael Ellering. Ivelisse and Diamante were in command for most of the match. Dasha was on the receiving end of most of the offense and eventually was pinned by Ivelisse.
- Interviews afterwards had the Swole Family eager to keep tagging and confident with themselves. Dasha was excited about her opportunity to wrestle and expressed that she hopes she can do it again.
Twitter Happenings and Misc
- On Sammy’s blog, Sammy and Marko Stunt mess around, Griff Garrison thinks he’s better than Sammy and Marko, and Kip Sabian cheats on Sammy by doing their bit with Ricky Starks.
- Jon Moxley cut an excellent promo after Dynamite went off the air
- Cody sat down with Tony Schiavone to talk about Scorpio Sky, the finished TNT belt (which will be revealed tonight), what they look for in an indie challenger for Cody’s open challenge, and more.
- MJF getting some heat by not knowing Star Wars.
- The Dynamite post-show has been getting a bit more spruced up as of late, and this week they really pushed Scorpio’s match with Cody.
- This weeks episode of AEW’s podcast featured Private Party.
Do you love wrestling? Do you have strong opinions on AEW, WWE, NJPW, Impact, ROH, and the independent scene? Do you like to write about wrestling? Then we want you on our team. AIPT is currently recruiting wrestling writers. Apply to write for AIPT today!