Good afternoon, All Elite Wrestling fans. We have a pretty low key week again this week, with one major exception: AEW Dark’s women’s matches/segments were really good. Most of them are toward the end of the episode and I recommend checking them out. Other than that, feel free to catch up on social media happenings below and enjoy tonight’s episode of Dynamite!
Being the Elite
- John Silver and Alex Reynolds try to court Frankie Kazarian. He catches on pretty quick and realizes all this flattery is to get something from him. Frankie says he hates the Dark Order because of them beating up SCU all the time. John Silver tries to steal Frankie’s line “well do ya?” and Frankie calls him out on it. Jerry Lynn comes in and asks if Frankie needs that anger management. Frankie curses him out.
- Peter Avalon and the two hands that are supposed to be part of management are talking. The two hands (now wearing a red glove and white glove to represent their personalities) talk to Peter about his new gimmick. Peter says the “pretty” part is supposed to be ironic since he’s not pretty. The three have drinks together.
- Sammy is talking to the Bucks. Turns out he accidentally cut the BTE belt in half. The Bucks don’t know what to do, admitting they honestly thought it was a prank or something. The two are shocked. Sammy then admits its a prank.
- Cutler is talking to Kazarian, asking if two wins counts as a streak. Kazarian makes fun of him for thinking two wins is a streak. Cutler says he needs anger management classes. Kazarian chases him out of frame.
- Bucks talk about their book and hand out copies to people.
- Private Party is arguing with Stu Grayson when Anna Jay walks past and pushes Stu over a table. Private Party is impressed.
- The group of people (Nyla, Cutler, Allie, Evil Uno, Kip, etc) who have been playing Among Us on Twitch do an Among Us skit.
- The Best Friends try to recreate the Bucks spraying champagne everywhere in order to celebrate Trent winning the BTE belt. Orange Cassidy pours a little bit of Diet Dr. Pepper on Trent’s arm.
- John Silver berates the Dark Order for not backing him up in the Orange Cassidy match. The Dark Order start arguing. Ten wants to do cocaine again, Anna Jay is mad Silver refused her hug when she was trying to cheer him up last week. Someone suggests family therapy. Suddenly Evil Uno gets an idea: the one thing they all like doing is making fun of Five, so they proceed to do just that. They then cut Five’s hair.
- Matt Hardy and The Bucks congratulate each other for the PPV. They talk about the Bucks’ tag match and Hardy says it was an amazing match, but one match was better: his! Hardy then brags about all his accomplishments. Matt leaves and the Bucks wonder what version of Matt that was.
- Trent makes it clear he does NOT want this title at all but offers John Silver a title shot with a game of water bottle flipping. Silver wins and is the new BTE champion.
- Gunn Club def. Bishop King, Joey O’Riley and Sean Maluta
- After the match, Lance Archer came out and threw O’Riley out of the ring. He then said once again that he was coming for everyone in AEW. He followed up by saying that “Life is a beautiful lie, death is a painful truth”.
- Ricky Starks def. Travis Titan
- Joey Janela def. Marko Stunt
- Britt Baker debuts her new talk show, The Waiting Room. This week she is talking to TH2.
- Frankie Kazarian def. Griff Garrison
- Penelope Ford def. Rahne Victoria
- Brandon Cutler def. Ryzin
- Leyla Hirsch def. Tesha Price
- Jurassic Express (Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus) def. TNT
- The Acclaimed def. D3 and Angel Fashion
- Ivelisse def. Alex Gracia
- Thunder Rosa def. Lindsay Snow. Thunder Rosa yells at the camera she is coming for that NWA title. She wants it back.
- Pretty Peter Avalon tries to flirt with a woman in a car. He offers her Corn Nuts, but the driver eventually kicks him out.
- Big Swole def. KiLynn King
- After the match, Darby Allin came out to fight Ricky Starks, who was on commentary. Brian Cage and Cody Rhodes ran out as well. Team Taz left.
- Jack Evans def. Christopher Daniels. Jack got the win with Angelico helping from ringside. This is a fairly big win for Jack Evans even if it wasn’t clean.
Twitter Happenings and Misc
- Matt Sydal is officially signed (I honestly thought he already was)
- The Inner Circle’s trip to Vegas appears to have been an experience (let’s hope no one got Covid for a stupid bit they could have filmed in Jacksonville)
- In case you don’t feel like going through AEW Dark to get to Britt’s talk show, here it is.
- Sammy has dinner with Peter Avalon, pranks The Bucks, and hangs out with Feugo
- A short 2 minute video showcasing AEW was just dropped today
- Jericho is on Shot of Brandi
- I just really liked the old school vibe here for their commercial
Like what we do here at AIPT? Consider supporting us and independent comics journalism by becoming a patron today! In addition to our sincere thanks, you can browse AIPT ad-free, gain access to our vibrant Discord community of patrons and staff members, get trade paperbacks sent to your house every month, and a lot more. Click the button below to get started!
Do you love wrestling? Do you have strong opinions on AEW, WWE, NJPW, Impact, ROH, and the independent scene? Do you like to write about wrestling? Then we want you on our team. AIPT is currently recruiting wrestling writers. Apply to write for AIPT today!