Happy Thanksgiving, All Elite Wrestling fans, or any other festive holiday y’all might be celebrating this week! We have The Dark Order celebrating with some Chili’s this week. We have an extra long episode of Dark (all the more reason to check out a quick recap), and the promise of a AEW reading of A Christmas Story! So go through everything that happened this week and enjoy this week’s episode of Dynamite!
Being the Elite
- An intense synth plays in the background, Orange Cassidy pushes his shades down and turns around to see Kris Statlander. They both go in for a boop.
- Kip Sabian challenges Leva Bates to another round of video games so he can prove who the better gamer is. Kip whips out a controller from his fanny pack. He eventually gets frustrated and leaves, Leva scoffs and calls him a nerd.
- Anna Jay walks into the Dark Order’s room and throws Stu over the table. Everyone else says hi. She then walks out. Stu is upset that she only seems to pick on him.
- The Bucks find their book in Barnes and Noble in the romance section.
- We get footage of Kenny cupping. It looks disgusting.
- The cameraman (most likely Brandon) catches Michael Nakazawa putting oil on the ropes and ring posts, telling Cutler that he’s the reason that people keep slipping. Brandon tells Trent this (who slipped the other day), and now the two have a match.
- Kazarian finds Cutler with bananas, trying to lure out spotted monkeys. Kazarian realizes Cutler means “spot monkeys” and tries yet again to explain what a huge mark he is. Cutler tells him he needs anger management classes.
- John Silver says he has prepared Thanksgiving dinner for the Dark Order. He has actually just gone and bought Chili’s. Evil Uno asks everyone what they’re thankful for.
- Ten says he’s thankful for that white substance he’s gotten hooked on recently. Five says he isn’t thankful for friends because everyone cut his hair. Stu is thankful that the latest time Anna beat him up it didn’t hurt too much. Anna is thankful for Stu because Stu is giving her his French fries. Reynolds is thankful for his pecs. Colt Cabana is thankful for finally getting his face back.
- Top Flight and Bucks are hanging out. Matt Hardy comes up and talks about how he loves both of the teams and that he is responsible for people like the Bucks and Top Flight.
- Clips of Matt Hardy popping up randomly to brag about how great he is.
- John Silver is having a one-chip challenge contest to see who gets a shot at his title. The person who doesn’t touch their milk gets a title shot. No one drinks milk. There’s a little bit of a chip left and Trent eats it to get the title shot.
- Big Swole def. Vipress
- Alex Reynolds and John Silver def. Lee Johnson and Aaron Solow
- Leva Bates cut a promo saying that now that there is only one librarian it’s her time to shine and actually start winning some matches
- Trent def. Michael Nakazawa
- Red Velvet def. Tesha Price
- Alex Marvez asks Shawn Spears about his controversial win. Sean simply says it wasn’t controversial. He’s just learned the system and takes advantage of it, what’s the big deal? He then gives some advice: “nice guys finish last”.
- Lance Archer comes out with another victim and once again throws out a challenge to anyone.
- Private Party def. VSK and Baron Black
- KiLynn King def. Rache Chanel
- Sammy Guevara def. Marko Stunt
- Penelope Ford def. Dreamgirl Ellie
- Ivelisse and Diamante def. Lady Frost and “Bionic Beast” Jenna
- Brandon Cutler def. Adam Priest
- Britt Baker had Tay Conti on her talk show again.
- The Gunn Club def. KTB, Cezar Bononi, and Seth Gargis
- Jurassic Express def. Panda X-Press
- TH2 def. Brian Pillman Jr. and Griff Garrison. TH2 beat down Pillman and Garrison after the match.
- The Acclaimed def. Alex Chamberlain and Damian Fenrir
- Matt Sydal def. Dark Order’s Five (Alan Angels)
- Peter Avalon def. Feugo Del Sol. Peter gets his first win in AEW!
- Stu Grayson and Evil Uno def. Chaos Project and Sonny Kiss and Joey Janela
Twitter Happenings and Misc
- Sammy’s vlog has some stuff from their Vegas Trip and hanging out with Feugo Del Sol once again
- Sammy is on Shot of Brandi
- John Silver tries to one up Jade Cargill
- Only tangentially AEW related, but it’s a slow Twitter week and I thought this Renee Paquette story was rather cute
- There will be a reading of A Christmas Story by the AEW talent. (Also here is a great comparison of Sammy and Ralphie in the bunny suit)
Like what we do here at AIPT? Consider supporting us and independent comics journalism by becoming a patron today! In addition to our sincere thanks, you can browse AIPT ad-free, gain access to our vibrant Discord community of patrons and staff members, get trade paperbacks sent to your house every month, and a lot more. Click the button below to get started!
Do you love wrestling? Do you have strong opinions on AEW, WWE, NJPW, Impact, ROH, and the independent scene? Do you like to write about wrestling? Then we want you on our team. AIPT is currently recruiting wrestling writers. Apply to write for AIPT today!