Happy Wednesday, All Elite Wrestling fans! I’ve been debating how to handle other wrestling shows that are not AEW. For now, I’ll be keeping a section for Impact and anything from other shows (such as AAA this weekend) will be in the ‘miscellaneous’ section, but that’s subject to change based on what shows are getting more attention as Kenny continues his quest to collect every belt in the universe.
Anyway, read up on what happened with AEW this week! No real plot on Being The Elite this week, but hilarious times were had with Hangman and the Dark Order. There were some good matches on the back half of AEW Dark, and of course, make sure to see what hijinks Kenny and friends got into on Impact before enjoying Dynamite tonight!
Being The Elite
- John Silver and Adam Reynolds celebrate convincing “Hangman” Page to be in a tag match with them. They call Page over and tell them they just want to talk strategy for the match. They bring him into the Dark Order’s bar. The entire Dark Order plays cowboy with Hangman in a very long and very funny skit. Not much here other than a lot of fun jokes.
- Hangman thanks everyone and walks out happy. The Dark Order realize no one asked him to join that entire time.
- Leva Bates and Kip Sabian play another round of video games. Kip wins and brags about how great he is. It is obvious Leva has let him win. She walks away and Miro tells him that Leva let him win.
- Alex Abrahantes starts up ‘Speaking Spanglish’ but Dasha pulls him aside. Some of the latino AEW crew are there to give him an intervention about the Dark Order and how it’s a bad group that jumps people. Alex points out that Proud and Powerful and Sammy are in a faction that does the same exact thing. Finally a food delivery person comes and distracts everyone and Alex makes a getaway.
- Shawn Dean and John Silver play a game for the BTE Championship. The game is throwing Skittles at a crack to see who can get theirs close enough without going in. John Silver wins and retains the BTE championship.
- ‘Absolute’ Ricky Starks def. Sotheara Chhun
- Brandon Cutler def. ‘The Empbruh’ Baron Black
- Hikaru Shida def. ‘The King’ KiLynn King. Abadon came out after the match, knocks Shida off the ropes, and stands over her with the belt.
- Dr. Britt Baker, DMD hosts “The Waiting Room” with guests Shawn Spears and Tully Blanchard. Britt makes some jokes about Hangman being drunk, Matt having a new personality, and Cody’s tattoo. She talks to Shawn and Tully about Scorpio Sky and how Shawn allowed Scorpio to throw him out. Scorpio shows up and throws Shawn through the set’s wall.
- Jurassic Express def. Shawn Dean & Fuego Del Sol
- Leva Bates def. Skyler Moore
- ‘The Machine’ Brian Cage def. VSK
- The Acclaimed def. Louie Valle & Mike Magnum
- Anna ‘99’ Jay def. ‘The Real Mean Girl’ Dani Jordyn
- Stu Grayson & Evil Uno def. Bear Country. Peter Avalon joins commentary to discuss his pageant.
- Sonny Kiss & ‘The Bad Boy’ Joey Janela def. RYZIN & Sean Maluta
- Tay Conti def. Freya States
- Matt Sydal def. Danny Limelight
- Ivelisse def. Kaci Lennox
- Best Friends def. Chaos Project. Right as the Best Friends go to do a hug post match, Miro walks out ready to fight all three of them. He says Kip isn’t around it’s just him and he’s ready to go. Refs get ready to hold him back but Miro finally walks off.
- At Final Resolution Don Callis, Kenny Omega and Karl Anderson hang out together. Karl Anderson says he has to go wrestle Ethan Page. Don says that should take two minutes tops! Karl seems hesitant but Kenny and Don remind Karl of when he was in NJPW. They tell Karl they want to see ‘The Machine Gun’ again. Karl gets pumped and leaves, and ends up winning his match.
- The Motor City Machine Guns call out Gallows and Anderson in a promo. Chris Sabin has a match with Anderson and says he’s going to take him out.
- Cut to Kenny, Karl, and Don in the trailer complaining about what kind of nonsense they allow on Impact these days. Kenny tells Karl to destroy Chris, Karl says he’s right and storms off to find Chris. Karl runs into Rich Swann who implies Kenny is controlling Karl.
- Tony Schiavone and Tony Khan have purchased yet another ad on Impact. They insult Impact saying no one even knows where to find the show on TV and that AEW is helping fund Impact with their ads. TK also says “you’re welcome” to Impact for Kenny being on their show. Khan still seems bitter about how Kenny cheated to win the title.
- Back in the trailer, Karl gets flustered by what Rich Swann said. Kenny and Don tell Karl he can’t get insulted like that, Rich leaves. Don says “he knows we are just working him” to which Kenny replies “no, actually I’m kind of pissed off”.
- Kenny and Don cheer in the trailer as Anderson wins. The Good Brothers, Motor City Machine Guns, and Rich Swann get in a fight backstage after. Kenny comes in and finishes off the faces. It is announced that at Impact’s Hard to Kill PPV Good Brothers and Kenny Omega will take on Motor City Machine Guns and Rich Swann.
Twitter Happenings and Misc
- Kenny successfully defended the AAA Mega Championship at TripleMania against Lardeo Kid. It’s a must watch match.
- Hangman gives an interesting albeit extremely uncomfortable fact about steer. Possible foreshadowing of the road he is to go down? There were two very good responses from other wrestlers to Hangman’s tweet.
- On Sammy’s Vlog Aubrey takes out five people, Kip Sabian tries to do a 450 splash, and QT Marshall is haunted by Fuego Del Sol.
- Hangman is unsure about how this Dark Order tag match will go.
- Kenny has eyes on Lio Rush
- Abadon doesn’t just stalk Shida in the ring, she also stalks her on Twitter
- Although it’s been a while, Britt still shows her love for Tony Schiavone
- John Silver and Alex Reynolds are on AEW’s podcast
Like what we do here at AIPT? Consider supporting us and independent comics journalism by becoming a patron today! In addition to our sincere thanks, you can browse AIPT ad-free, gain access to our vibrant Discord community of patrons and staff members, get trade paperbacks sent to your house every month, and a lot more. Click the button below to get started!
Do you love wrestling? Do you have strong opinions on AEW, WWE, NJPW, Impact, ROH, and the independent scene? Do you like to write about wrestling? Then we want you on our team. AIPT is currently recruiting wrestling writers. Apply to write for AIPT today!