This week in AEW social media happenings most of it was just memories of Brodie Lee. Thus most of what I have compiled here is not ‘plot related’ per say. I’ve recapped AEW Dark but that’s about it. I will note, that before the news came out about Brodie, Shawn Spears was removed from the AEW roster (what I am assuming is a work) after he cut this promo last week.
Aside from that, I have collected some of the stories and remembrances of Brodie Lee. I encourage you to take time to go through them and remember a staple of the great medium that is wrestling. And remember: it is Wednesday, you know what that means.
Being the Elite
It seems a bit hard and perhaps a bit irreverent for me to summarize BTE this week. There was really no plot points, instead it was a tribute to Brodie Lee. I recommend watching it.
- Rey Fenix (w) vs Vary Morales
- John Silver/Alex Reynolds (w) vs Shawn Dean/Tyson Maddux
- Anna Jay (w) vs Jazmin Allure
- The Waiting Room had Britt Baker making jokes about Cody and Brandi’s announcement. Her guest was Matt Sydal who she teases for slipping. Matt then talks about his match with Cody.
- Team Taz (w) vs Ryzin/Nick Comoroto/James Tapia
- Griff Garrison (w) vs Feugo Del Sol
- Proud and Powerful (w) vs Terrence/Terrell Hughes
- Sammy Guevara (w) vs Aaron Solow. Sammy cuts a promo after about how he’s been wrestling for 10 years. He says that he loves being on Dark because it gives him more time to show off
- Chaos Project (w) vs Ariel Levy/El Cuervo De Puerto Rico
- Leva Bates (w) vs Madi Wrenkowski
- Matt Sydal (w) vs Danny Limelight
- Tay Conti (w) vs Vertvixen
- Gunn Club (w) vs Royal Money/Baron Black/Mike Verna
- SCU (Daniels/Kazarian) (w) vs TH2. After SCU won The Acclaimed jumped the two of them. The Young Bucks helped chase them off.
Posts, videos, memories, and remembrances of Brodie Lee
- Kofi and Xavier talk about Brodie Lee on Raw Talk
- Miro shares a brief memory of Brodie
- Randy Orton posted a long remembrance on Instagram
- John Silver talks about how Brodie recently bought him some ring gear to help him get over. Tony Kahn responded with a text exchange he had with Brodie
- Big E shared a thread detailing some of his experiences with Brodie Lee
- Xavier Woods quote tweeted a clip of New Day and Brodie during a house show
- Jon Moxley shared some thoughts and memories of Brodie Lee
- Anna Jay on Brodie Lee asking where her Dark Order mask had gone
- Anna also shared a Brodie’s being the first to congratulate her on her match against Brandi
- Dax Hardwood shared an exceptionally emotion story about how Brodie had supported him in the past. Bayley joined in him with a drink to Brodie and his family
- Xavier posted some more clips of Brodie via UpUpDownDown of Brodie out of character having fun with the WWE crew.
- Bryce Remsburg posted a picture with him, Cassidy, Trent, and Brodie
- Colt Cabana shares a brief half remembered memory of Brodie
- I love this short concise tweet of one of Cody’s memories of Brodie Lee
- Kevin Owens posted a hilarious picture Brodie had taken during his travels
- Big E posted some more throughout the week
- Stu Grayson posted a picture and a story of him dressing up as Brodie for Halloween
Like what we do here at AIPT? Consider supporting us and independent comics journalism by becoming a patron today! In addition to our sincere thanks, you can browse AIPT ad-free, gain access to our vibrant Discord community of patrons and staff members, get trade paperbacks sent to your house every month, and a lot more. Click the button below to get started!
Do you love wrestling? Do you have strong opinions on AEW, WWE, NJPW, Impact, ROH, and the independent scene? Do you like to write about wrestling? Then we want you on our team. AIPT is currently recruiting wrestling writers. Apply to write for AIPT today!