Good afternoon, All Elite Wrestling fans! This week, Kris Statlander continues to pop up on Being the Elite, hinting she may be back in the ring soonish (hopefully?). Brodie Lee Jr (aka -1) was on commentary for a couple Dark matches and he brought a certain charm, popping after every hit. Give him some time, and I could honestly see him as an actual commentator in a few years. Also, check out Peter Avalon and his walk off competition on Dark. Make sure you enjoy Dynamite tonight!
Being the Elite
- The Bucks hang out in front of a green screen with mountain goats behind them. They seem confused why they are doing this. Good Brothers come in and tease them by doing the DX crotch chop. The Bucks ask why the Brothers went after Pentagon Jr so hard. Brothers say thats what they do! That’s how they were in Bullet Club! Bucks begrudgingly agree that’s true but both say after they walk off that the Good Brothers are bigger jerks than they used to be.
- The Bucks hang out at Kenny’s house while waiting for him (before the skit with them and Don last week). They admire his house and weird pool while complaining how late Kenny is.
- Cutler shoot dents Christopher Daniel’s minivan.
- The Bucks confront Private Party after their match last week, asking if that was a heel turn that they just did. They say Matt is manipulating them and they start to try to get through to them until Matt Hardy walks in. He tells the Bucks that Private Party is going to win all the titles. Bucks try to convince Private Party that they are actually babyfaces. Matt Hardy tells Private Party not to trust the Bucks.
- Kris Statlander abducts Jungle Boy. Together they will conduct the Coke/Mentos experiment. Kris is disappointed that it hardly fizzles up out of the can. Jungle Boy says you need a bigger bottle of Coke. Kris says he needs to evolve out of the jungle and join civilization.
- Alex Abrahantes gets a voicemail from Five, telling him he’s so good at recruiting, and that he needs to get a big name. Alex declares himself “the Kool-Aid Man” before going off to recruit some more.
- Dasha, Sammy, and P&P go hunting for Alex, they walk past tons of people drinking Kool-Aid and declare that next week this whole thing will end.
- The Dark Order try to figure out who is to blame for them not getting Hangman. They continue to shout at each other until Colt interrupts and says they need to come together as a group and do something fun like a slumber party. This seems to turn everyone’s frowns upside down.
- In order to determine the next contender for the BTE Championship, people hang from a pole and whoever hangs the longest gets a shot. Sammy wins and gets the shot at the title.
- Miro def. Fuego Del Sol
- Jurassic Express def. Lee Johnson & Aaron Solow
- SCU def. M’Badu & KC Navarro
- Rey Fenix def. Baron Black
- Shanna def. KiLynn King
- Britt Baker def. Brooke Havoc
- Abadon def. Vertvixen
- Then we had “Pretty” Peter Avalon’s walk off between him and Lee Jackson. Lee Jackson got 9s all around. Peter was about to get the same score, but the judges looked at the replay and discovered he tripped a little bit, thus giving the win to Lee Jackson.
- Tay Conti def. Davienne
- Ten def. Ray Jaz. -1 was on commentary, at times making Taz crack up which was extremely fun to experience. After the match, -1 beat Ray as well as Pillman Jr. with a kendo stick.
- Red Velvet def. Madi Wrenkowski. -1 is still on commentary and says that Velvet is a good candidate to join The Dark Order.
- Danny Limelight def. Sean Maluta
- Ivelisse def. Jazmin Allure
- Will Hobbs def. Jake St. Patrick
Road to Dynamite
- Ryan Nemeth talked about how he trained old school “no fancy flips, just kicking ass”. He talked about being let go from WWE and how that only made him want to train harder. He says Hangman better look out when he debuts on Dynamite tonight. He says the fact that AEW trusts him to go against Hangman shows AEW thinks he can win.
- Jericho says that no one has ever seen a team like him and MJF. Brian Pillman Jr says that, yes Jericho and MJF are better than him and Griff Garrison but they’re too full of themselves and that will be the way the Varsity Blonds win. Jericho says that there is respect for the Varsity Blonds and he actually likes them and sees lots of potential. But the fact is, they just can’t win.
- Lance Archer says that no one has made him angrier than Eddie has. Lance says that Eddie always talks about what’s coming for him, well what’s coming for him is the Murderhawk. Lance then says Eddie can bring all his friends — it doesn’t matter, he’ll destroy them all.
- Eddie mocks Lance’s saying “everyone dies” because Eddie has experienced death so much he doesn’t care anymore. Eddie hints that Jake might not be trustworthy and that Lance should watch out. Eddie then says he’ll tell B&B to stay backstage.
- Jungle Boy talks about his new theme song, “Tarzan Boy”. FTR says that’s cute, he has that song now but he’s going to need all the confidence he can get. It is then revealed that Luchasaurus will keep the peace by shackling Cash and Tully to him with handcuffs so they can’t interfere with the match. Dax says that he’s not going to “play rassler,” he’s going to fight.
Twitter Happening and Misc
- Tony Khan is on IMPACT once again, saying how he considers coming on the show a game to him. He also believes Moxley to still be the rightful champion.
- Matt Hardy is happy with Private Party and says that they need to win both promotion’s tag titles. If they win either tag titles they will get a bonus.
- MJF harasses Sammy, and Sammy responds.
- Dax’s daughter hopes her dad can beat Jungle Boy. Jungle Boy responds.
- Peter Avalon refuses to acknowledge that he lost.
- Will Hobbs is on the podcast this week.
- I don’t normally share memes here, but the Bernie one has been giving me a laugh all this week, so here is one.
Like what we do here at AIPT? Consider supporting us and independent comics journalism by becoming a patron today! In addition to our sincere thanks, you can browse AIPT ad-free, gain access to our vibrant Discord community of patrons and staff members, get trade paperbacks sent to your house every month, and a lot more. Click the button below to get started!