Good afternoon, All Elite Wrestling fans! It was a quiet week on Dark and BTE, but we did get the showdown between Nyla vs. Thunder Rosa in the Women’s Championship Eliminator Tournament. It was a good match, and I recommend giving it a watch. We also had some fun Twitter interactions like always, and a possible change to Dynamite tonight. So go ahead, check out some fun tweets, and enjoy Dynamite tonight as well as Revolution on Sunday!
Being The Elite
- Matt Jackson’s kids are eager to tell him that Paul Wight is signed, until he starts to have flashbacks to when he jobbed out to Big Show on SmackDown. He panics and leaves the house.
- Kenny gets an old WCW trading card pack, opens it up and goes through all the cards.
- Matt Hardy tells TH2 and Isiah Kassidy that they did a good job, they did nothing wrong, the issue is just The Dark Order. So Matt decides that they need to do a giant tag match against the Dark Order to injure them enough so they won’t interfere with Hardy vs. Hangman at Revolution.
- Alex Reynolds and John Silver try to find Sting yet again. After they start yelling “woo” to find him, someone tells them to shut up in the room next door so they assume that must be Sting. It’s actually Eddie Kingston, but John once again seems to think it’s Sting. Eddie Kingston chastises them for not being able to focus on Hangman and getting distracted by Sting.
- Anna, Five, Ten, and Alex Abrahantes plan how to get back at Dasha and friends next week by getting them in their dreams.
- Vickie Guerrero and Nyla Rose are still pulling the Catholic outfit vibe. Ryzin comes in to audition to be part of their posse and they allow him to join.
- The Dark Order hangs around the ice bath asking where everyone was when Hardy beat up Five. Answers include “going to the bathroom”, “I was out of makeup”, and “I was smuggling drugs”.
- The Good Brothers talk about how what MJF and Jericho did to the Bucks’ parents was just unacceptable. Cutler is asleep next to them. They decide to slip Cutler a viagra as he sleeps.
- Lee Johnson & Aaron Solow def. Louie Valle & Chris Peaks
- Red Velvet & KiLynn King def. Ivelisse & Diamante
- Top Flight def. Fuego Del Sol & Jon Cruz
- Gunn Club def. Tony Vega, Aaron Frye, & Angel Fashion
- Abadon def. Renee Michelle
- Stu Grayson def. JD Drake
- The Acclaimed had a diss track again, this time focused on The Dark Order, in particular Ten.
- Bear Country def. Baron Black & M’Badu
- Evil Uno, Alan “Five” Angels, & Colt Cabana def. Levy Shapiro, John Skyler, & RYZIN
- Max Caster def. JJ Garrett
- The Hybrid 2 def. Shawn Dean & Charlie Bravo
- Orange Cassidy def. Steven Stetson
- Chuck Taylor def. VSK
- Dark Order’s 10 def. Daniel Joseph. -1 once again joined commentary.
- SCU def. Matt & Mike Sydal
AEW Women’s Championship Eliminator Tournament
- Thunder Rosa’s speed really helped her out at the start of the match while Nyla’s penchant for gloating hurt her a lot. The two traded control back and forth in an extremely even match. Nyla ended up winning by grabbing Thunder Rosa out of the air and reversing her missile drop kick into a Beast Bomb.
- We also had two extra matches before this one:
- Madi Wrenkowski def. Leva Bates
- Leyla Hirsch def. Miranda Alize
Road to Dynamite: The Crossroads
- FTR discuss Tully Blanchard’s past and why people should care about him returning to the ring. They say that Jurassic Express is not ready for Tully.
- Excalibur and Tony talk about Jade Cargill, saying she has no idea how to be anything other than a star. The announcers then move on to discussing Shaq, and how he’s recognized worldwide.
- We then have a review of things between Cody and Shaq: Jade Cargill attacking Brandi, the announcement that the Rhodes are pregnant, and Red Velvet now seeming to take Brandi’s place in this tag match. JR says that despite Cody’s skill over Shaq, Shaq’s pure size and strength will be enough to win.
Twitter Happenings and Misc
- On IMPACT, we once again had another ad for Dynamite where Tony continues to wear his heart-shaped glasses.
- John Silver gets a call from Tony Khan.
- Tony Khan announces he’s going to make a change to one of the matches tonight during the show (and scares Nyla for a second).
- Nyla celebrates her win by rubbing it in to anyone who wanted Thunder Rosa to win.
- Allie and Colt did an IG call in show and talked to fans.
- Kenny Omega continues to be full of himself.
- MJF shares a picture he took with the Bucks from 2019. What does he mean by it’s going according to plan?.
Become a patron today to get exclusive perks, like access to our exclusive Discord community and our monthly comic book club, ad-free browsing on aiptcomics.com, a physical trade paperback sent to your house every month, and more!