Good afternoon, All Elite Wrestling fans! We had our first edition of Elevation this Monday. While not perfect, it did seem promising that it might supply more than just squash match after squash match, so make sure you seek it out, especially since some stuff going on there WILL be affecting Dynamite next week. Plots also bled over a little bit into Dark too, which was nice. Meanwhile, BTE was mostly just the usual jokes, but there were some potential seeds for future plots being planted. So make sure to read up on everything that happened and enjoy Dynamite tonight!
Being the Elite
- Christopher Daniels tells the Bucks a funny joke. The Bucks crack up, slapping their legs as they laugh. Matt Hardy comes out of nowhere to enforce his new rule, the no leg slapping while laughing rule, an obvious jab at WWE’s purported new rule.
- We have a brief recap of Hangman’s quest to buy a lawnmower, followed by shots of Hangman and the Dark Order on his new lawnmower.
- Hangman reads off a bunch of purchases on his credit card, revealing that The Dark Order has been using Hangman’s card. Hangman then says not to worry, it’s all on him. The Dark Order walks out and Colt Cabana says “don’t worry, I’ll pay you back for the stuff the kids bought”
- Matt Hardy is once again eating grapes as Private Party brings Butcher/Blade/Bunny a drink, encouraging them to celebrate. BBB just sort of stares at them. Private Party worries that BBB are too weird. Matt Hardy tries to unify the two groups even though the two groups have very different gimmicks. He says that together they are going to bring down the Dark Order.
- Maki Itoh is singing as The Dark Order dance in the background. She turns around and tells them all their dancing sucks and walks off. The entire Dark Order agrees she is super cute, except for Stu, who doesn’t seem to get it.
- Ortiz takes a nap. We cut to his dream where he wanders around in a backstage area when Alex Abrahantes dressed up as Freddy Krueger pops out and chases him, finally catching him. The Dark Order and Alex proceed to take out Sammy, Dasha, and Sanatana as well, ala Nightmare on Elm Street. Ortiz finally wakes up.
- Ryzin, Nyla, and Vickie all run around stealing people’s gear to sell. They pass Fuego Del Sol, beat him up, and steal his mask.
- Private Party hype up their new product, ‘That Ain’t Water’. Hangman walks up, putting Marq and Isiah on guard but Hangman says he just wants to talk. He tells them that Matt Hardy is screwing them over with his contracts. He offers to help them out if need be, and seems like he really means it, but he also can’t help himself and proceeds to steal their alcohol when they aren’t looking.
- Jungle Boy def. Danny Limelight. One or two great counters by Jungle Boy, who rolled into The Snare Trap to tap out Danny.
- Miro & Kip Sabian def. Baron Black & Vary Morales.
- Big Swole def. Skyler Moore. Swole won with a head butt to stun followed up with Dirty Dancing
- QT Marshall def. Marko Stunt. After the match, Peter Avalon and friends came out and attacked Marko. Commentators noted that QT did not help Marko at all.
- Tay Conti def. Ashley Vox. -1 came out with Tay and watched ringside. Conti got the win with an amazing hammerlock DDT.
- Matt & Mike Sydal def. Jorel Nelson & Royce Isaacs. The Sydals won after hitting the Double Lightning Spiral.
- The Sydals do an interview when Kenny comes in and interrupts, saying that he was looking for talent to be on Dynamite. Matt says he’d love to challenge Kenny. Kenny replies “tell you what, if you beat Michael Nakazawa RIGHT NOW, you can challenge me”. Matt accepts.
- Red Velvet def. Dani Jordyn. Red Velvet got a quick win from her finisher, the Just Desserts.
- Max Caster def. Dante Martin. Caster went to use his boombox, which the ref took away. This distracted the ref, allowing Caster to get a low blow in and get the win.
- Abandon def. Ray Lyn. A quick win once again for Abadon.
- Powerhouse Hobbs def. Brandon Cutler. Hook came out with Hobbs. Cutler tried to come at Hobbs with a crossbody, never a smart move with the big guys. Taz caught him and took him out for the pin.
- Diamante def. Leila Grey. Grey got almost no offense in and Diamante hit the Code Red for the win.
- Matt Sydal def. Michael Nakazawa, earning himself a match against Kenny. If he wins that match, he gets a title shot against Kenny.
- Kenny then ran out immediately and started the match and pinned Sydal. Tony Khan came out saying that that wasn’t fair and booked their non-title match for the 24th on Dynamite.
- Riho def. Maki Itoh. In a solid main event, Riho got the win when Itoh went off the top rope and missed. Riho capitalized and scored the pin.
- Luchasaurus def. Cezar Bononi. Luchasaurus wanted revenge for what Peter and Cezar did to Marko on Monday night and he got it with a win.
- Leyla Hirsch def. Savannah Evans. After the match, Vickie Guerrero had a brief verbal altercation with Hirsch
- John Silver def. John Skyler. -1 was ringside of course.
- Penelope Ford def. Tesha Price. Kip Sabian was with Penelope wandering around ringside.
- Chaos Project def. Fuego Del Sol & Jake St. Patrick
- KiLynn King def. Jazmin Allure
- Dark Order (Colt, Uno, Stu, Five) def. Angel Fashion, Baron Black, Vary Morales & Ryzin
- Gunn Club def. David Ali, Adam Priest, & Seth Gargis
- Bear Country def. Dean Alexander & Brick Aldridge
- Nick Comorote def. D3. QT Marshall was ringside with Nick.
- Varsity Blonds def. Jorel Nelson & Royce Isaacs
- Madi Wrenkowski def. Vertvixen
- SCU def. Carlie Bravo & Aaron Solow
- Team Taz def. Joey Janela & Sonny Kiss. Ricky Starks tagged himself in at the last second and got the win. Perhaps some issues within Team Taz are starting to show themselves?
- Dark Order’s Ten def. Jack Evans
Road to St. Patrick’s Day Slam
- Pentagon cuts a promo saying that everything Cody has in AEW has been given to him, while Penta has had to scratch and claw for everything. But tonight Penta will take everything from Cody because he is the Lord of Lucha.
- Video package of clips from last week of Eddie, Mox, Kenny, and Don talking about the fallout from Revolution.
- Britt talks about how Thunder Rosa does not belong in AEW; Thunder Rosa begs to differ. Most of it is just clips of the feud so far. All around, a good summary to watch before watching Dynamite tonight.
Twitter Happenings and Misc
- On IMPACT, Don Callis confronts Rich Swann. He asks Rich if he is haunted by that One Winged Angel. If he lays awake thinking about how Kenny hit him with it and pinned him. Don continues to say that Kenny will take his newly unified IMPACT World Championship from him at the next PPV.
- We have the usual AEW ad on IMPACT.
- Luchasaurus and Peter Avalon exchange words on Twitter.
- MJF mocks the Inner Circle the night of last week’s Dynamite.
- Kenny Omega is mad (and appears to be channeling the spirit of Joe Biden) about Tony Khan’s decision regarding his match with Matt Sydal.
- Leyla Hirsch is now All Elite.
- An inconsequential exchange between Chuck Taylor and John Silver gave me a chuckle.
- Britt Baker responds to a clip of a podcast Rebel did.
Join the AIPT Patreon
Want to take our relationship to the next level? Become a patron today to gain access to exclusive perks, such as:
- ❌ Remove all ads on the website
- 💬 Join our Discord community, where we chat about the latest news and releases from everything we cover on AIPT
- 📗 Access to our monthly book club
- 📦 Get a physical trade paperback shipped to you every month
- 💥 And more!