Happy Wednesday, All Elite Wrestling fans! While AEW held its first house show this past Friday at “The House Always Wins”, I won’t be covering house shows in this column. In this column. However, if anything seemingly important happens at one, I will include it in the miscellaneous section. That being said, we had some more extremely long episodes of Dark and Elevation. Elevation did have some things of note happen, so go ahead and check that out.
Things were slow on Twitter, but BTE had an extremely important character bit with Kenny at the end. There was also a Road To… which is great for getting pumped up for matches, so check that out. Go ahead, get caught up and enjoy Dynamite tonight!
Being The Elite
- The Bucks go around skateboarding on their new decks.
- Matt Hardy talks about how Darby Allin is willing to sacrifice his body to wow the audience, which the Hardy Boyz have been doing for 14 times longer than Darby has. He says if the older person (him) beats the person in the prime of their life, that’s going to shame Darby. Matt says if he wins the fans will be extremely mad but he doesn’t care.
- The Dark Order say that their night on Dynamite last week was a lot better than the week before. They talk about stuff and suddenly Stu realizes that Statlander is sitting in Anna’s spot. The rest of the Dark Order says she’s always been there but Stu knows that there was someone else there before, he just can’t think of who it was.
- Ryza, Vickie, and Nyla continue to try to sell their stolen gear, meanwhile Ryza eats some of the Blue Chew pills that were in the Good Brothers’ stash. Hours later the three get up to leave and Ryza, of course, says actually he can’t leave right now and tells the other two to go on without him.
- Stu and Evil Uno argue about whether or not there ever was another girl that used to sit where Statlander is now sitting. Alex Abrahantes comes in to help moderate the fighting between the two. Evil Uno and Stu use Alex as an intermediary. Alex somehow gets what both men are saying completely mixed up, but the two Dark Order members end up getting along once again.
- Kenny and the Bucks have a heart to heart. Kenny wonders if they have actually made an impact on the world. He says fans no longer care, that they have “go away” heat. He says that in order to actually change the world he had to change himself. He talks about how he doesn’t do this because he loves it anymore but because it’s his responsibility to embarrass people. He tells the Bucks they need to get away from making people like them.
AEW Dark: Elevation
- Ten (w/Dark Order) def. Zack Clayton. Zack corrected Justin Roberts, making him add some additional accolades such as being from the Jersey Shore. Ten wins with a full nelson.
- Miro def. Hayden Backlund. Miro won within a minute, and afterward, yelled at the camera that AEW is wasting his time with these kinds of matches.
- Tay Conti & Hikaru Shida def. Katalina Perez & Leila Grey. In another short match, Shida and Tay show great teamwork and coordination.
- TH2 def. Carlie Bravo & Dean Alexander. Yet another quick match with Angelico getting his Death Roll in, which is such a cool finisher.
- Thunder Rosa gives an interview. She talks about how she coaches, fights, and works all for what she wants. She calls out Diamante that she is ready whenever Diamante wants.
- Orange Cassidy def. John Skyler. A standard Orange Cassidy match. Best Friends, along with their newest member, Kris, come out to celebrate Orange’s victory.
- Shawn Dean talks about his experience playing football and in the Navy. He talks about how he started training in 2015, and was gaining momentum until the pandemic and now he’s back because of AEW.
- Konosuke Takeshita def Danny Limelight. Takeshita’s first match on AEW! While Limelight had some good offense off and on, Danny mostly had to rely on surprises and tricks. Meanwhile, Takeshita excelled at turning those surprises around with sold counters and just exploiting weaknesses.
- Sonny Kiss and Joey Janela are backstage. Joey runs in late and Sonny says they have a match right now! They gotta go! Joey protests since some girls right off camera had just offered to suck his nipples. But Sonny is able to convince Joey that they need to head out now.
- FTR def. Jay Lyon & Midas Black. FTR humiliated the other tag team at the start of the match, taking Jay’s mask off. There wasn’t too much of a contest as five minutes into the match FTR picks up the win.
- Pac & Fenix def. Andre Montoya & Vary Morales. Pac and Fenix seem less interested in the match at hand as they are mocking The Bucks throughout the match. Granted they don’t really need to be too concerned as they absolutely destroy Montoya and Morales.
- Dante Martin def. Baron Black. The two begin with a friendly acknowledgment. Dante hit some amazing jumps off the ropes and was able to counter so many throws. Baron got frustrated and angry, which only let Dante capitalize on that and get the win.
- Ethan Page & Scorpio Sky cut a promo. Ethan singles out Joey Janala and says Joey got a TNT Championship match even though he had a bad record and Scorpio points out so did Sonny. So why did it take so much for Scorpio to get one? And why doesn’t Ethan have one scheduled?
- Britt Baker def. Skye Blue. Britt seemed to be asking for her glove for the Lock Jaw, but instead was just able to get the win with a curb stomp. Britt says she’s going to play by the rules and work her way up to the top to earn her title shot.
- QT Marshall & Nick Comoroto def. Andrew Palace & Cole Karter. QT started out the match with chops and slow, heavy hits. Meanwhile, Comoroto made sure to emphasize he was a big guy, no-selling hits and throwing people around the ring.
- Mike Sydal def. Michael Nakazawa. Nakazawa, still in his khakis, polo, work ID badge and headset, came out for the match. Michael kept taking calls on his headset, stopping the match to do so. After Michael’s goofiness, Sydal started to turn it into an actual match. Sydal won after Michael tried (and failed) to cheat. After the match Michael hit Sydal with his laptop.
- Leyla Hirsch def. Shanna. This was a mat-heavy match with mostly submissions and Leyla being in control for most of the match. Shanna tapped. There still appears to be some animosity between the two after the match.
- Interview with Konosuke Takeshita. Kenny kicks out Marvez to do the interview himself. He gets Nakazawa to translate. Kenny says that AEW is scouting. He asks Takeshita to help get red of the Sydals for him, so he teams him up with Nakazawa.
- Penta def. Brandon Cutler. Brandon didn’t really stand a chance here, and afterwards, Death Triangle absolutely destroyed Cutler as a message for the Bucks. The Bucks did not run out to help. Honestly, this is a little bit of Cutler’s fault as last week in BTE he accused the Bucks of not being like the old Bucks, helping add onto the pressure for them to turn heel.
- Thunder Rosa def. Diamante. Solid match. Thunder Rosa worked Diamante’s arm and was able to counter a Code Red and follow up for a pin.
- Scorpio Sky & Ethan Page def. Joey Janela & Sonny Kiss. Slow start to the match, where Joey and Sonny had most of the control but were unable to do anything really big. As the pace picked up Sonny got some great hits in, while Janela had trouble connecting as Sky and Page kept dodging everything. Sonny took the pin by Ethan.
- Best Friends def. Ryan Nemeth & Cezar Bononi. Fairly standard match. Nemeth and Bononi got some offense in but Best Friends had a strong victory.
- SCU def. Jay Lyon & Midas Black
- Matt Sydal def. Luther
- Dark Order’s Five & Ten def. Hayden Backlund & Kit Sackett
- Colt Cabana def. Jake Manning
- Red Velvet & Big Swole def. Amber Nova & Queen Aminata. Velvet and Swole were accompanied by KiLynn King. Jade Cargill came in after the match and Velvet took her out.
- Aaron Solow def. Fuego Del Sol
- Ryan Nemeth cuts a promo about how he is dominant and that he will take on Alex Reynolds, saying Alex is no hunk.
- Gunn Club def. Stone Rockwell, Mike Magnum, Andrew Palace
- KiLynn King def. Madi Wrenkowski
- Alex Reynolds says he and the Dark Order have been working on some new moves to take out Nemeth. The Dark Order also did a State Farm plug, which was odd.
- Matt Hardy def. Ken Broadway. After the match, Darby and Hardy have a stare off. Hardy says he is going to leech the title off Darby
- Evil Uno & Stu Grayson def. Vary Morales & Spencer Slade
- Britt Baker def. Shawna Reed
- Team Taz (Starks & Cage) def. Carlie Bravo & Dean Alexander
- Nyla Rose def. Leila Grey
- Varsity Blonds def. Prince Kai & Will Allday
- Lance Archer def. Cole Karter
- Alex Reynolds def. Ryan Nemeth
AEW Road To Dynamite
- Clips of Jade Cargill training with Shaq. Jade talks about how she is money and how she can fight and look good while doing it. We then get Red Velvet talking about how she got into wrestling. Cody talks about how he sees a lot of possibility from Red Velvet. Velvet says she finally understands why Jade keeps attacking her — it’s because when Jade got that win last time, Jade knew she had barely won. Red Velvet says that Jade better get the job done.
- Darby Allin says that he wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for Matt Hardy, but somewhere in the past couple decades, Matt lost the way. He then says that every time Matt is in a match without rules he gets destroyed. Darby doubts Matt still has it.
- Mike Tyson talks about stuff, but why hear about that when you can read this instead?
- Anthony Ogogo talks about how he’s been fighting all his life and how after years of boxing he was blinded in one eye. Now he’s here in AEW to, simply put, knock people out.
Twitter Happenings and Misc
- On IMPACT this week, Rich Swann got a win in the big tag match, which Kenny was a part of. He also got what should have been a three count on Kenny, but Don helped Kenny out.
- The Young Bucks are sporting a new bio on their Twitter page.
- AEW’s newest show, Outside the Ring debuted on Friday, check out the first episode. It’s an interview with Abadon and goes as well as you’d think.
- Luchasaurus gets a little mad at Britt Baker.
- Britt gives thought to the idea of patience, most likely due to her saying she’s willing to patiently build up wins for a title shot.
- We are getting another update on AEW Games tomorrow, so look out for that!
Like what we do here at AIPT? Consider supporting us and independent comics journalism by becoming a patron today! In addition to our sincere thanks, you can browse AIPT ad-free, gain access to our vibrant Discord community of patrons and staff members, get trade paperbacks sent to your house every month, and a lot more. Click the button below to get started!