2K Sports has released a “Hitlist” trailer for WWE 2K22, showing off some new game modes and some early screenshots of extremely anticipated features like General Manager mode. You can watch the trailer below:
The trailer outlines 10 new features in the game that “hit different”:
- Redesigned gameplay engine
- New controls
- Stunning graphics
- Immersive presentation
- New 2K Showcase based on Rey Mysterio’s career
- MyGM (General Manager mode)
- Universe Mode
- Creation suite
Some of these are expected, of course, such as improved graphics and controls. And while we knew General Manager mode was making a return, it’s great to see some snippets of it in action.
Some features we know little to nothing about — MyRise seems to be taking the place of MyCareer, and will likely have you take your created Superstar from the independent scene all the way to the main event of WrestleMania. MyFaction seems like an interesting idea as well.
WWE 2K22 will be the first entry in the series since the infamously bad WWE 2K20 that was released all the way back in October 2019. The game was originally announced for release in its usual October window, but was pushed back further, now aiming for a March release on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One.
Join the AIPT Patreon
Want to take our relationship to the next level? Become a patron today to gain access to exclusive perks, such as:
- ❌ Remove all ads on the website
- 💬 Join our Discord community, where we chat about the latest news and releases from everything we cover on AIPT
- 📗 Access to our monthly book club
- 📦 Get a physical trade paperback shipped to you every month
- 💥 And more!