Announced in March, Marvel Comics has revealed exclusively via AIPT a first look at Punisher: War Journal Blitz. The new one-shot will feature Frank Castle as the leader of the Hand. The series ties directly into Jason Aaron’s Punisher run that just launched and is set to release over twelve issues.
The one-shot will run 40 pages and retail for $4.99. Written by Torunn Grønbekk and Lan Medina, the first issue features covers by Mahmud Asrar and Jeff Dekal.
Check out the solicit and preview below.
THE TRICK IS TO INVENT A WAR WORTH FIGHTING.
• Finn Fratz knows that if you want people to hate each other, a Banner cannon in the right pair of hands goes a long way. The aging war profiteer earned his spot on the Punisher’s kill list well before he adopted the moniker Hate-Monger, but he has proven an elusive man.
• Now, with the Hand at his disposal, Frank Castle is ready to smoke him out. But not only has Hate-Monger gone to ground, he’s fighting back. Good for him. It’s not going to change anything but the death toll.
• Torunn Gr nbekk and Lan Medina join forces to bring you the first of three thrilling tales from between the pages of PUNISHER, exploring Frank’s new modus operandi through some of his deadliest missions yet…
Punisher: War Journal Blitz #1
Writer – TORUNN GRØNBEKK
Art – LAN MEDINA
Colors – ANTONIO FABELA
Covers: Mahmud Asrar and Jeff Dekal
Release Date: June 22, 2022
Join the AIPT Patreon
Want to take our relationship to the next level? Become a patron today to gain access to exclusive perks, such as:
- ❌ Remove all ads on the website
- 💬 Join our Discord community, where we chat about the latest news and releases from everything we cover on AIPT
- 📗 Access to our monthly book club
- 📦 Get a physical trade paperback shipped to you every month
- 💥 And more!