On Thursday at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim, LucasFilm announced that the third season of Star Wars: The Mandalorian will debut in February of 2023.
— Star Wars (@starwars) May 26, 2022
I know…I was hoping to see it in December of this year, as well. Thankfully, the reports coming out of Anaheim point to Season 3 being well worth the wait. In addition to an on-stage appearance by Katie Sackhoff (who plays Bo-Katan Kryze), Celebration attendees got to see an incredible teaser trailer that won’t be released online for a while
Germain Lussier at Gizmodo was in the audience and has a brilliant write-up of what he saw, which you should definitely go read. So my editors don’t kill me for sending you to another site, here’s a rundown of the big plot points:
- The Armorer is still ticked at Din Djarin for taking off his helmet.
- Bo-Katan is ticked at Din Djarin and his clan for not doing enough to protect Mandalore during The Purge. She’s also sits on an awesome-looking throne at one point.
- Doctor Pershing shows up a lot.
- Grogu is back in his pram and as adorable as ever.
- Din Djarin is going back to Mandalore (!!!) to redeem himself for daring to take off his helmet.
Will that last part lead to him having a face-to-face with the legendary Mythosaur? We’ll find out in 2023.
Become a patron today to get exclusive perks, like access to our exclusive Discord community and our monthly comic book club, ad-free browsing on aiptcomics.com, a physical trade paperback sent to your house every month, and more!