Tonight on Dynamite, AEW announced a new championship title named the All-Atlantic Championship. The inaugural All-Atlantic Champion will be crowned at AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door on June 26.
The match at Forbidden Door will be determined by a tournament, which began tonight on Dynamite with Buddy Matthews vs. PAC. Every competitor in the tournament is from a country other than the United States.
The matches that will determine the finals for the inaugural AEW All-Atlantic Championship are:
- Buddy Matthews (Australia) vs. PAC (United Kingdom)
- PAC defeated Buddy Matthews tonight, advancing to the semifinals
- Ethan Page (Canada) vs. Miro (Bulgaria)
- Penta Oscuro (Mexico) vs. Malakai Black (Netherlands)
- Unnamed NJPW competitor (Japan) vs. Unnamed NJPW competitor (Japan)
The title is intended to represent the 100+ countries AEW appears in, and Excalibur emphasized on commentary that AEW is the “#1 promotion in the United Kingdom”. The title joins the AEW World Championship and the TNT Championship as men’s singles titles.
Join the AIPT Patreon
Want to take our relationship to the next level? Become a patron today to gain access to exclusive perks, such as:
- ❌ Remove all ads on the website
- 💬 Join our Discord community, where we chat about the latest news and releases from everything we cover on AIPT
- 📗 Access to our monthly book club
- 📦 Get a physical trade paperback shipped to you every month
- 💥 And more!