On Monday during the NFL Wildcard matchup between the Dallas Cowboys and
the vehicle for Tom Brady’s bizarre midlife crisis Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Disney unveiled a new trailer for Season 3 of Star Wars: The Mandalorian. While this one was about the same length as the teaser we got back in September, it also featured A TON of new content.
Like most of us assumed, Din Djarin will be returning to the planet Mandalore to atone for the horrific sin of removing his helmet. As we learned during the Book of Boba Fett, Djarin’s apostate status within the fanatical sect/covert can only be forgiven once he bathes in the mines beneath the Mandalore’s surface — a task that’s been made even more difficult due to the Empire razing the planet.
The sight of so many different Mandalorians in the trailer’s opening will get the most attention, but for us old school Star Wars: The Clone Wars fans, seeing the obliterated Mandalore capital of Sundari in live action was a punch to the gut.
Following that beautifully tragic image, the trailer offers up a plethora of eye candy, including:
- Dr. Pershing riding through the Coruscant skyways.
- Captain Carson Teva admonishing someone that a threat to the new Republic is being ignored at their own peril.
- A group of Jedi about to fight someone coming through a door, which appears to be taking place inside the Jedi Temple during Order 66. This is very likely the long-awaited flashback showing us Grogu’s rescue.
- Some awesome aerial dogfighting.
- Death Watch and Paz Vizsla kicking ass.
- Din Djarin and Grogu doing the same.
Season 3 of Star Wars: The Mandalorian debuts March 1 exclusively on Disney+.
Join the AIPT Patreon
Want to take our relationship to the next level? Become a patron today to gain access to exclusive perks, such as:
- ❌ Remove all ads on the website
- 💬 Join our Discord community, where we chat about the latest news and releases from everything we cover on AIPT
- 📗 Access to our monthly book club
- 📦 Get a physical trade paperback shipped to you every month
- 💥 And more!