Okay class, today we’re going to be discussing Season 5, episode 2 of Community entitled “Introduction to Teaching.” And…let’s begin!
Episode 2 is directed by Jay Chandrasekhar and written by Dan Harmon along with, once again, an ass-load more people. This episode, we see Jeff make the difficult transition into his new role as a teacher at Greendale. This was briefly established in the first episode; the Dean offered Jeff a teaching position, after Jeff went off on him about what a bad Dean he was, and Jeff agreed to help the Dean fix Greendale. Jeff finds a mentor in a member of the veteran faculty, Professor Buzz Hickey (Jonathan Banks). This dude is hilarious. He was in previous episodes and he’s fan-f-----g-tastic.
The highlight of this episode is clearly Abed participating in a film class that’s analyzing the roles of Nicolas Cage. Abed becomes obsessed with discovering if Cage is in fact a good or a bad actor. He consequently goes off the deep end. But man, is Abed’s Cage impression amaze-balls.
- Funny as hell
- Abed goes nuts trying to figure out if Nicholas Cage is a good or bad actor.
- Professor Buzz Hickey is hilarious.
- Needs more Abed… as always.
- Far too little Brie boob
Is it Good?
A really funny episode, and all the boring introductory crap is out of the way, so this train-keeps a rollin’, and hopefully will all night loooong. Or day. Or…whenever the Hell you watch it.
On a serious note, when will we get a show that’s just Abed? I’d watch the s--t out of that.
I give it an A-.
Join the AIPT Patreon
Want to take our relationship to the next level? Become a patron today to gain access to exclusive perks, such as:
- ❌ Remove all ads on the website
- 💬 Join our Discord community, where we chat about the latest news and releases from everything we cover on AIPT
- 📗 Access to our monthly book club
- 📦 Get a physical trade paperback shipped to you every month
- 💥 And more!