Peter and Mary Jane Parker have had their time to shine. Now their daughter Annie May gets an issue to show what she can do.
Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #3 (Marvel Comics)
- Gotta hand it to Annie there—I would not have thought to do that if I found myself in a similar situation.
- It’s kind of scary how well Gerry Conway can write the rhythmic dialogue of an angry/annoyed school administrator.
- Not too sure Annie’s thinking this through, but I like her spirit.
- Even if you’re a badass superhero, being a mom comes first.
- I’d geek about seeing a living dinosaur, too.
- Mole Man’s throwing down some distinctly Trumpian declarations.
- And the Parkers are about to throw down a distinctly family-sized beat down.
Is It Good?
I’m really not sure what else there is to say about Ryan Stegman’s art. The guy draws spider-people–and the way they move across the page–like they were born to do it. He also draws one hell of a good looking T-Rex.
Story-wise, I found this chapter to be the most enjoyable of the series so far, primarily because of Annie May’s point of view. While I love the voice Conway gives to Pete and MJ, Annie’s age and unbridled enthusiasm makes everything she’s does feel even more genuine. It also makes her relatively unpredictable, which is important when you’re dealing with a story that keeps rewinding and proceeding just a few moments past where the last chapter ended.
I still wish we’d get a little more information about the Osborne/Regent plotline. While the one page this issue gave us was good, it feels like we’re running out of time for it to be expanded on before the mini-series is over.
But aside from that, Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #3 is definitely worth a spot on your pull list. Whether you were for or against the original Pete and MJ marriage, this series has proven that it’s something any Spider-fan will enjoy.
Like what we do here at AIPT? Consider supporting us and independent comics journalism by becoming a patron today! In addition to our sincere thanks, you can browse AIPT ad-free, gain access to our vibrant Discord community of patrons and staff members, get trade paperbacks sent to your house every month, and a lot more. Click the button below to get started!