Forget O.J. Simpson. The trial of the century…of the millennium…is about to happen right here. Although something tells me Krang isn’t going to have as good of odds getting off as The Juice did.
First Read Reactions
- No matter what happens to their ship, that Neutrino’s hair is all types of cool.
- Duck Solo to the rescue!
- Triceratons to the rescue!
- …and of course they have to be jerks about it.
- How come the Triceratons always have to be kind of evil? When I was kid playing with my dinosaur toys (okay, and sometimes as an adult, too) the triceratops was always the good guy against the evil T-Rex.
- I know real criminal trials aren’t as exciting as they are on television, but this might be a little too close to reality.
- Oh yeah, didn’t see that coming (eyeroll.gif)
After a thrilling opening few pages, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #74 falls into a boring and predictable lull. From the obvious legal pitfalls to the “shocking” twist on the last page, this issue mostly read like the trial part of an NCIS episode if the old person watching it took acid.
That being said, the artwork by Cory Smith is absolutely stunning–and the issue’s saving grace. Aside from the brilliant opening, Smith does a fantastic job imbuing a truckload of different characters of all shapes and sizes with a variety of emotions.
Let’s hope that next month, the emotion this title elicits is something that also involves an elevated heart rate rather than heavy eyelids.
Become a patron today to get exclusive perks, like access to our exclusive Discord community and our monthly comic book club, ad-free browsing on aiptcomics.com, a physical trade paperback sent to your house every month, and more!