The Triceratons are here and ready to kick ass…although to their credit, they did try to be nice at first. Then Bishop and the EPF had to come in and douche everything up with the usual/expected xenophobic violence. Let’s see how that’s going, shall we?
First Read Reactions
- Triceratons may have stormtrooper aim, but at least they cool look.
- Maybe not the best time to be a jerk, Raphael.
- Someone needs to tell Baxter Stockman that his lack of empathy is so transparent that real sociopaths are starting to get offended.
- Still not a big fan of Splinter these days, but he definitely knows what’s up when it comes to french fries.
- …and I’m back to hating Splinter again.
- Hopefully the Triceratons can translate looking even cooler to better aim.
I liked the Triceratons better when they were conflicted. Now they’re (justifiably) pissed off, but still not being very rational. Add that to how inept these once incredible warriors are being portrayed, and the main crux of this issue is a bit of a let down.
The subplots are at least somewhat intriguing, albeit not the type of thing I think most TMNT fans are going to be happy about. I can live with Splinter doing something different from the status quo; admire it even. But his conversation with Bishop–and the result that comes out of it–is head slappingly ridiculous.
Add in some standard Baxter Stockman pontificating, and you’ve definitely got a bit of a sophomore slump in what started out as a fantastic looking story arc. Let’s hope things get back on track next month.
Join the AIPT Patreon
Want to take our relationship to the next level? Become a patron today to gain access to exclusive perks, such as:
- ❌ Remove all ads on the website
- 💬 Join our Discord community, where we chat about the latest news and releases from everything we cover on AIPT
- 📗 Access to our monthly book club
- 📦 Get a physical trade paperback shipped to you every month
- 💥 And more!