Getting trapped in New York City during an invasion by Ticeratons is bad enough without also getting stuck inside a building…and having to make sure no one sees you.
First Read Reactions
- Hate to criticize right off the bat, but maybe this isn’t the best time to dismiss children when they say they’ve seen monsters nearby.
- Mikey’s got a good point about how many folks know who they are.
- Scooby Gang > Ninja Turtles
- I’m not sure how four trained ninjas can’t manage to leave one multi-story building, but it does make for some good comedy, at least.
- Mikey’s plan may be stupid, but it’s all types of entertaining…
- …and effective, apparently.
Look, I’m all for a light-hearted issue, but this one goes so far away from the tone of the series that it gets a little ridiculous. It’s probably too silly/slapstick even for the Nickelodeon cartoon series. Much as I like seeing Mikey get a win every once in a while, it’s hard to go from the heart wrenching tone of the last arc to a plot with all the subtlety and nuance of a Scooby Doo episode.
That being said, it is still a fun read, particularly when artist Tyler Boss plays with the page layouts to give us some cool and unique perspectives.
Also, the coda at the end (which features a tragic character who we haven’t seen in a very long time) is incredibly touching and well done.
Like what we do here at AIPT? Consider supporting us and independent comics journalism by becoming a patron today! In addition to our sincere thanks, you can gain access to our vibrant Discord community of patrons and staff members, get trade paperbacks sent to your house every month, and a lot more. Click the button below to get started!