Hearthstone‘s newest expansion, The Boomsday Project, will be unleashed in only five days (August 7th) — and to prepare, Blizzard has released Hearthstone Update 12.0, which sees updates to Arena, game mechanics, card changes, big fixes and feature improvements and some of the sexiest looking cardbacks we’ve ever seen.
- Offering rates for Class cards, including spells and weapons, have been reduced.
- Rarity distribution adjusted.
- This will result in Arena drafts having more neutral and common cards.
Game Mechanics Updates
Cards that create copies of other cards that are then added to different game zones have been made more consistent.
Whenever a card transforms it loses its enchantments.
This change primarily affects the following 4 cards: Shifter Zerus, Molten Blade, Shifting Scroll, and Voodoo Doll. If the target of a Voodoo Doll is transformed or silenced, it is no longer destroyed by the Voodoo Doll’s Deathrattle.
- Shadowboxer now reads: Whenever a minion is healed, deal 1 damage to a random enemy.
- Shadowboxer can be disenchanted for its full Arcane Dust value for two weeks.
The following Minions have changed Type:
- Ghostly Charger – No longer has the Beast Type.
- Ixlid, Fungal Lord – No longer has the Elemental Type.
- Living Mana now reads: Transform your Mana Crystals into 2/2 Treants. Recover the mana when they die.
Added the following card backs:
Dr. Boom’s Lab – Acquired from winning five games during the September 2018 Ranked Play Season.
Boomsday! – Acquired from completing all of Dr. Boom’s puzzles.
And our personal favorite here at AiPT! “The Brotherhood shall prevail!”:
VanCardback – Acquired from winning five games during the October 2018 Ranked Play Season.
Bug Fixes and Gameplay Improvements
– Added new “Return to Fireside” tooltip for Fireside Gatherings.
– The Mac Client now uses Metal for graphics, where available.
– New Daily Quest has been added for playing Mechs.
– “Created By…” tags are no longer generated by the card’s last state before it died.
– Deathaxe Punisher’s animation no longer plays without a valid target in hand.
– Resolved effects and animation issues with Valeera the Hollow, Tess Greymane, and Shudderwock.
– Zombeast cards have rarity gems, and no longer appear to be collectible cards.
– Cards no longer display their yellow activation aura when their target can’t be interacted with.
– Card backs now properly show their cardback outline effect when played by opposing players.
– Cards in hand no longer incorrectly overlap each other.
– Chameleos will now transform and clear buffs when the opponent has only one card.
– Chameleos will now copy stat buffs or cost reduction.
– When Shifter Zerus transforms into a Worgen card, the next card it transforms into will no longer keep those stats.
– Faceless Manipulator will now correctly advanced The Caverns Below quest.
– Gnomish Experimenter no longer sometimes plays his transform animation twice.
– Summoning Portal now properly updates cards that have had their mana cost set after it has been played.
– Headcrack no longer loses the Health icon assigned by Blood Red Apple.
– Minions buffed by Sneak Attack it will now properly gain Charge if copied.
And don’t forget, for a limited time after The Boomsday Project starts on August 7, log in to claim 3 card packs and a random Class Legendary minion (or Hero card)–both from the new expansion–for free!