Welcome back to the the ultimate X-Men throwdown, the Last X-Man Standing Tournament! After a second round of voting, we’ve whittled down our roster of 64 of the greatest X-Men of all time (and Maggott, yes with two T’s. Shout out to Xavier Files) to the sweet 16. Though the action was a bit more subdued this time around, there was still plenty of scrapes of note to be had in our second go-around. In the squeaker of the round, the stalwart Cyclops just BARELY beat Nightcrawler with 50.9% of the vote. Close calls seem to run in the Summers family too, as baby brother Alex “Hula-Havok” Summers narrowly lost his fracas with the dangerous X-23, who earned 57% of the vote. Some other interesting tidbits from the second round of voting include:
- It was a strong showing for psychics, as Psylocke, Jean Grey, Rachel Summers, Cable, and Emma Frost all handedly routed their foes in Round 2.
- That being said, not every psionic made it through this round, as Chamber was silenced by Storm and the astonishing X-Man was bested by the genial Gambit.
- Speaking of Storm, she scored the most dominant win of the round, netting 86.3% of the vote over Chamber. The next best performance came from Jean Grey, who trounced Polaris, 83.1% to 16.9%.
- This was another great round for X-Women, as half of the remaining field now boasts a double X chromosome.
- Leadership is evidently an important factor in the voting as well, as 11 of the final 16 have led their own X-team at one point or another.
As we enter Round 3, we’re due to see some raucous battles between homo-superior’s most skilled scions. Can the indomitable Wolverine rage past the sneaky Psylocke? Can Archangel’s metal wings make a Snow Cone out of Iceman? Can Cable manage to move past the master of magnetism, Magneto? Only YOU, true believer, can decide! Vote below!Round 3 voting is now open and will close Tuesday, November 20. Check back next Thursday, November 22 for the results and the Elite Eight!
Since their debut in 1963, the X-Men have sworn to protect a world that hates and fears them. But you know what? Here at AiPT!, we’ve got nothing but love for Marvel’s mighty mutants! To celebrate the long-awaited return of Uncanny X-Men, AiPT! Brings you UNCANNY X-MONTH: 30 days of original X-Men content. Hope you survive the experience…
Like what we do here at AIPT? Consider supporting us and independent comics journalism by becoming a patron today! In addition to our sincere thanks, you can browse AIPT ad-free, gain access to our vibrant Discord community of patrons and staff members, get trade paperbacks sent to your house every month, and a lot more. Click the button below to get started!