Arch-Villain Rafaam and his League of E.V.I.L. acolytes may have done a number on the floating city of Dalaran in Hearthstone‘s Rise of Shadows expansion but fear not — the current expansion isn’t called Saviors of Uldum for nothing. The League of Explorers, Hearthstone‘s heroic group of adventuring archaeologists are hot on the League of E.V.I.L.’s trail and players can take help thwart their nefarious plans by assuming the role of League members in the newest solo adventure, Tombs of Terror.
“The League of Explorers, Hearthstone’s iconic group of adventurers and archaeologists, are here to save the day as the first-ever dual-class heroes,” the official Blizzard press release reveals. “Reno Jackson (Mage/Rogue), Sir Finley Mrrgglton (Paladin/Shaman), Elise Starseeker (Priest/Druid), and Brann Bronzebeard (Warrior/Hunter).”
“Our heroes face off against the four deadly Plague Lords – massive, persistent final bosses with monstrous health values. Plague Lords must be defeated across multiple runs, but digging up all-new signature treasures along the way will aid the expedition!”
Tombs of Terror follows the events of the previous Solo Adventure, The Dalaran Heist. Players will step into the well-worn boots of the League of Explorers, Hearthstone’s heroic ensemble of adventuring archaeologists, and race through the cities and ruins of Uldum defeating unique foes to acquire all-new hero-specific signature treasures. These story-rich artifacts will “level up” our heroes before they face the four deadly Plague Lords—grueling multi-phase slugfests against persistent bosses who must be defeated across multiple runs.
Never fear, as no task is too daunting for the League of Explorers! Fully voice-acted and featuring a customizable loadout comprising unique Hero Powers and multiple deck options, Hearthstone’s first-ever dual-class heroes will present players with never-before-explored gameplay possibilities:
- Elise Starseeker, the Enlightened, ventures forth from her library armed with centuries of knowledge as well as the restorative magic of a Priest and the ferocity of a Druid.
- Dino-tamer Brann Bronzebeard unites the bravery and fortitude of a Warrior with the marksmanship and animal kinship of a Hunter.
- Sir Finley Mrrglton of the Sands, a sophisticated gentle-murloc, rallies a Paladin’s knightly valor with the tribal Shaman powers of his amphibious brethren.
- Reno Jackson, Relicologist, is a treasure-hunting Rogue with a heart of gold who has picked up enough mystic mumbo jumbo on his adventures to haphazardly sling Mage spells.
Check out this Hearthside Chat: Take to the Tombs with Hearthstone Game Designer Ryan Collins for more information on Tombs of Terror:
Tombs of Terror’s first chapter, the Lost City of the Tol’vir, will be available completely free to everyone on September 17. Players can pre-purchase the Tombs of Terror Deluxe Adventure Bundle here (on sale today and available for a limited time).
Join the AIPT Patreon
Want to take our relationship to the next level? Become a patron today to gain access to exclusive perks, such as:
- ❌ Remove all ads on the website
- 💬 Join our Discord community, where we chat about the latest news and releases from everything we cover on AIPT
- 📗 Access to our monthly book club
- 📦 Get a physical trade paperback shipped to you every month
- 💥 And more!