World of Warcraft’s latest content patch goes live today, and boy is it a doozy.
Worgen and Goblins were introduced nine years ago and haven’t received a single model update since they first appeared. That all changes today!
There’s also a new WoW anniversary event, raid, timewalking dungeon, and a simply delightful honeybee mount. The full lowdown is available for you below.
New Character Models: Worgen and Goblins
First introduced in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, worgen and goblins are getting some long-anticipated improvements to their character models. These updates touch on every aspect of how the worgen and goblins look—from their faces to their animations.
WoW 15th Anniversary Event
This November is the 15th anniversary of World of Warcraft, and we have some special things planned to commemorate the occasion.
Players who log in during the event period will receive an Anniversary Gift in the mail, which includes a Lil’ Nefarian battle pet, a Celebration Package that increases experience and reputation gains throughout the event, a reusable firework that can be used for the duration of the event, an item that teleports you to the Caverns of Time (usable only during the event), and other in-game goodies.
New Raids: Memories of Azeroth
Chromie has separated the strands of time, allowing you to go back and relive epic raid encounters from Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, and Cataclysm. Each of these limited-time raids will feature three iconic bosses, and they’ll be available as their own wings through the Raid Finder.
To enter the raid, you need a minimum item level of 380. Players who complete all three wings will receive the achievement Memories of Fel, Frost and Fire which grants the Obsidian Worldbreaker, a Black Dragonflight mount inspired by Deathwing.
Return to Alterac Valley of Olde
Run down your enemies, raze their fortifications, and exchange the tokens you loot from their corpses to summon mighty reinforcements in Korrak’s Revenge, a throwback Battleground inspired by the earliest days of Alterac Valley.
Players who participate in Korrak’s Revenge and complete the Alterac Valley of Olde achievement can earn two new mounts: the Stormpike Battle Ram (Alliance) and the Frostwolf Snarler (Horde).
Many new stories and adventures are now available across Azeroth.
The War Campaign Concludes
Tensions continue to rise between Saurfang, Anduin, and the Banshee Queen Sylvanas. Discover the fate of the Horde and Alliance in the final chapter of the War Campaign.
With N’Zoth’s imminent emergence, you must seek help from an unlikely ally: the Black Prince, Wrathion. Level 120 players should seek out Magni in the Chamber of Heart to continue the story and discover the Black Dragonflight’s whereabouts.
Making it Easier to Party Up with Friends
Introducing Party Sync
Party Sync is a new feature that makes it easier than ever for friends to party up and quest together. When players activate Party Sync, everyone in the party becomes aligned to the same quest state and phase. By mousing over a quest in your tracker, you can see who’s on a given quest, what their progress is, and who’s ready to turn it in. You’ll also have access to a “replay quest” feature that allows players who have already completed certain quests to replay those quests with their friends for rewards that are appropriate to their current level, regardless of the original level of the quest. Quests can be replayed for rewards once a day.
Relaxing Level Restrictions
We’ve also relaxed level restrictions, so lower-level players can queue for instanced content (such as Battlegrounds and dungeons) in their level range, and higher-level players can choose to join them by having their level scaled down. Please note that unlike Timewalking, when your level is scaled, you will temporarily lose access to abilities and powers (such as Azerite Traits and over-level spell, abilities, talents, and trinkets’ effects) with requirements that exceed your reduced level.
Recruit A Friend Returns
Ready to bring your friends to Azeroth and show them the ropes? Doing so is easier than ever with our revamped Recruit A Friend system! If you have active game time, you’ll be able to recruit up to 10 friends—both veterans who haven’t been subscribed for over two years and newcomers—to share in your adventures. Enjoy 50% bonus experience for faster leveling when you and your recruit are partied together and summon each other once every 30 minutes.
The new Recruit A Friend lets you generate a custom link that you can send to your friends. This link will help you connect with each other, and you’ll be able to see if they have purchased game time, which will lead to rewards for you! For each month your recruits have active game time, you’ll earn a new reward, such as unique pets, mounts, game time, and more. These rewards unlock each month and scale with the amount of time your recruits have subscribed for. And, of course, with Party Sync you’ll be able to journey with your friends on any of your characters.
New Mount: Honeyback Harvester
Stormsong’s Beekeepers have discovered a new hive in town. Alliance players can work with Barry to locate the hive and court the favor of the Hivemother in order to earn the Honeyback Harvester mount—and both factions can earn several other bee-themed toys and items.
New Timewalking Raid: Firelands
While Cataclysm Timewalking is active, max-level players will be able to form a raid group and enter the Sulfuron Spire raid. As with previous Timewalking raids (Black Temple and Ulduar), your gear and power are scaled to the challenge, and all the bosses and rewards you expect lie in wait.
Embark on an adventure around Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms to complete the Rite of the Moon and help an old druid bless her Staff of Moonflowers. In return, she will enchant your flower crowns so they never die, and you can transmogrify them year-round!
- Goblins now wave at Gobber after casting Pack Hobgoblin (Racial).
- Gobber now waves back at the player and makes a sound when summoned.
- Rocket Barrage (Racial) now makes sound and the rockets launch from the belt instead of the caster’s feet.
- Increased the size of the visual indicating where a player will resurrect after accepting a resurrection during combat.
- Beast Master
- Animal Companion (Talent) now reduces extra pet damage by 35% (was 40%).
- Glimmer of Light (Azerite Trait) can now be dispelled by abilities that remove Magic effects.
- Blind’s debuff is now displayed on enemy nameplates.
- A player that can Reincarnate from Ancestral Protection Totem (Talent) now sees a glowing screen edge and visual effect.
- Deluge (Talent) now increases the healing of Healing Wave and Healing Surge, in addition to Chain Heal.
Black Market Auction House
- New enchantment, transmogrifiable gear, and mount listings have been added.
- Unclaimed Black Market Auction House Containers will now fully create the item when open or viewed in any way. No peeking!
- Removed Grimoire of the Four Winds
Items and Rewards
- Added Glyph of Lavish Servings which allows Mages to change the appearance of their Mage Table.
- Players who collected Upgraded Dungeon Set pieces can now replace sold or destroyed pieces for 75 Darkmoon Prize Tickets from Barum while Darkmoon Faire is active.
- Raddon’s Cascading Eyes can now only reduce the cooldown of Eye Beam by up to a maximum of 20 seconds per cast of Eye Beam.
- Timewalking vendors now restrict their wares to those who can participate in their respective Timewalking events.
Player versus Player
- Epic Ashran
- New Ancient Artifact: Solar Sphere
- A new artifact of power has been discovered in Ashran’s underground mines—the Solar Sphere. The faction who captures its power will gain 20% haste while controlled.
- Many of the NPCs within the Road of Glory have been removed to improve performance.
- Fangraal and Kronus now cost 3,000 Artifact Fragments (was 300).
- Fangraal and Kronus now deal increased damage and have a new a melee cleave ability.
- The Reinforcement count has been reduced to 150 (was 300).
- Front Line Fortitude now increases health to all melee players and NPCs within the Road of Glory by 100% (was 30%).
- The Ancient Artifact now spawns after a player kills the Ancient Inferno rather than randomly spawning on the map.
- Epic Wintergrasp
- Vehicles are no longer affected by movement slowing effects or roots.
- Damage done by Catapults has been slightly increased.
- The Siege Engine now has increased health.
- Mercenaries no longer benefit from the effects of Enlistment Bonus.
- Several items created with Kul Tiran Engineering now have a minimum level requirement.
- Electroshock Mount Motivator, F.R.I.E.D, Organic Discombobulation Grenade, Thermo-Accelerated Plague Spreader, Unstable Temporal Time Shifter, can now only be used by level 110 or higher characters.
Quests and World Quests
- World Quests and Missions now offer gold or war resources instead of Artifact Power to players who can no longer progress their Heart of Azeroth (level 70).
- War Campaign Updates
- All reputation requirements have been removed from the following War Campaign quests:
- Horde:“A Stroll Through a Cemetery,” “Tracking Tidesages,” “Journey to the Middle of Nowhere,” “When a Plan Comes Together,” “A Mech for a Goblin,” “Breaking Out Ashvane,” and “War Is Here.”
- Alliance:“Crippling the Horde,” “Our Next Target,” “Intercepted Orders” “Bringing Down the Fleet,” “Sensitive Intel,” “The Abyssal Scepter,” and “The Fall of Zuldazar.”
- Players are no longer required to level a Nazjatar companion to level 3 to access the War Campaign quest “Stay of Execution.”
- Auction House purchases over 50,000 gold now require players to confirm the purchase in a dialogue box.
- Player characters can now be displayed in the Mount Journal preview. This can be toggled on or off with the “Show Character” option in the viewport window.
- Class color and faction icon now displays in the Character Select screen.
- The System Menu button now always appears in the Character Select screen.
- Players can now toggle between the map of a quest’s final destination and its initial start point by clicking on the arrow icon next to it in the Map & Quest log
Community chat improvements.
Fixed a bug that required users to log in twice before accessing the app.
Like what we do here at AIPT? Consider supporting us and independent comics journalism by becoming a patron today! In addition to our sincere thanks, you can browse AIPT ad-free, gain access to our vibrant Discord community of patrons and staff members, get trade paperbacks sent to your house every month, and a lot more. Click the button below to get started!