Days after releasing Overwatch Patch 1.45 Blizzard has decided that four of the game’s heroes need a little bit of a tweak to keep things balanced: Wrecking Ball, Brigitte, and Widowmaker were all nerfed, while Symmetra received a buff.
The buff to Symmetra is quite significant, as outside of head-shot projectiles, her Photon Projector ability now does the most damage of any ability in the game. Full patch notes available below.
- Affected players’ loss of air control reduced from 1 second to 0.5 seconds
- Armor over-heal reduced from 75 armor to 50 armor
- HPS decreased from 60 to 55
Photon Projector (Secondary Fire)
- Damage increased from 120 to 140
- Full charge time for scoped shots increased from 0.83 sec to 1 sec
- Fixed a bug with sound occlusion that would sometimes cause sounds to be muffled more than intended when hidden behind walls
Like what we do here at AIPT? Consider supporting us and independent comics journalism by becoming a patron today! In addition to our sincere thanks, you can browse AIPT ad-free, gain access to our vibrant Discord community of patrons and staff members, get trade paperbacks sent to your house every month, and a lot more. Click the button below to get started!