NJPW announced Tuesday morning that they have cancelled the remaining New Japan Cup tour events between March 16 and 21 due to coronavirus concerns.
“In response to the Coronavirus outbreak, NJPW events for the remainder of the New Japan Cup between March 16 and 21 have been cancelled,” said NJPW in a statement on Twitter.
This is unfortunately not the first time that NJPW’s business has been impacted by the growing global concerns around the spread of coronavirus. At the end of last month NJPW announced that all events between March 1 and 15 would be cancelled due a recommendation from the Japanese Ministry of Health regarding the dangers of COVID-19.
The company will soon be releasing information on how fans can receive refunds for any event they purchased tickets for that was cancelled. The program NJPW Together Project will see wrestlers and staff producing content for fans while live shows remain unavailable.
NJPW has told fans to expect an announcement on March 22 regarding the future of live events while the health crisis is ongoing.
Full list of cancelled events as of March 10, 2020:
- Tuesday March 10, Okayama
- Thursday March 12, Korakuen Hall
- Friday March 13, Korakuen Hall
- Saturday March 14, Chiba
- Monday March 16, Toyama
- Tuesday March 17, Saitama
- Wednesday March 18, Shizuoka
- Friday March 20, Niigata
- Saturday March 21, Niigata
Join the AIPT Patreon
Want to take our relationship to the next level? Become a patron today to gain access to exclusive perks, such as:
- ❌ Remove all ads on the website
- 💬 Join our Discord community, where we chat about the latest news and releases from everything we cover on AIPT
- 📗 Access to our monthly book club
- 📦 Get a physical trade paperback shipped to you every month
- 💥 And more!