One of the boldest publishers reveals ever is delaying their launch due to the as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The expected launch of their first book on May 6th is officially postponed until later this year. Eniac will be written by Matt Kindt and Doug Braithwaite.
According to Bad Idea’s press release–read the full release below–the publisher will be increasing development on new projects for 2021. They’ve also joined in the efforts to help retailers starting with a $25,000 to be immediately distributed across their 100 retailers.
Read on for more information.
Due to the evolving circumstances related to COVID-19, Bad Idea regrets to inform fans and retailers that the company has made the difficult decision to postpone its initially scheduled launch date of May 6th, 2020 and the corresponding release of its first title – ENIAC – until later in the year.
Bad Idea will be back soon, and, in the meantime, we’re hard at work. There wouldn’t be a Bad Idea without our creators and retail partners, and in concert with them, we will be implementing the following immediately:
1) WE’RE DOUBLING DOWN ON COMICS: Every Bad Idea creator will actively be working during this period. We’re not slowing down – in fact, we’re ramping up. As our creators continue to work as planned on Bad Idea’s initial slate of titles, the company is doubling its current workload by actively increasing development and production of new projects, and commencing work now that had originally been slated to begin in 2021.
2) $25,000 RETAILER RELIEF FUND: Our company is built on one simple concept: monthly comics, sold by comic book stores. As we all know, many of those stores need our help right now more than ever. To that end, Bad Idea has put together an emergency financial relief fund with a beginning balance of $25,000. This will immediately be distributed equally between every one of the 100 retailers in the first wave of our Bad Idea Destination Store program, as well as those already committed to our yet-to-be announced second wave. Eligible retailers will be contacted via email today and will simply need to provide a mailing address or valid PayPal account to receive their funds via check or electronic payment.
While this won’t solve the problems of every store, we hope that it can help a few take care of an unforeseen emergency or simply help out with the bills. We love comics and the people who make and sell them, and want to help where we can during this uncertain time.
Please stay safe, and we look forward to getting everyone back into comic shops once this crisis has passed. We’ll be the first in line.
Your friends at Bad Idea,
Dinesh Shamdasani, Co-CEO & Co-Chief Creative Officer
Warren Simons, Co-CEO & Co-Chief Creative Officer
Hunter Gorinson, Publisher
Josh Johns, Director of Marketing
Atom Freeman, Sales Consultant
Join the AIPT Patreon
Want to take our relationship to the next level? Become a patron today to gain access to exclusive perks, such as:
- ❌ Remove all ads on the website
- 💬 Join our Discord community, where we chat about the latest news and releases from everything we cover on AIPT
- 📗 Access to our monthly book club
- 📦 Get a physical trade paperback shipped to you every month
- 💥 And more!