This week, Being The Elite had some pretty fun segments and we got another Road To… video. All Elite Wrestling’s Dark looks like it might be letting unsigned jobbers get a win here and there in the Serpentico match, and the Cutler/Avalon plot is advancing really well as the two learn to work together. Be sure to review it all before tonight’s Dynamite!
Being The Elite
- The Elite get an email from Chili’s saying they want The Elite to sing the baby back ribs song for their commercial but they only have an hour left to sign the contract. Everyone but Matt is excited about this. Matt doesn’t think they can handle the responsibility so he delays everyone by cutting and bleeding all over the contract.
- Frankie Kazarian asks Matt Hardy why he is talking with a southern accent. Hardy tells him it’s because he is now Broken, but he will fix it by bringing some water from the Lake of Reincarnation next time they see each other.
- Colt Cabana goes to sneak up on Kenny. Hangman warns him against it because he heard Kenny talking on the phone saying “I’m going to murder Colt Cabana”.
- Matt Hardy continues to train Private Party and tells us what “botch” means.
- John Silver and Alex Reynolds try to recruit Kris Statlander. Kris has a homemade action figure of Chuck Taylor which she holds up to her ear and tells the two Dark Order members Chuck told her they were spooky perverts. She decides the Dark Order is a bit too weird for her.
- MJF and Wardlow are talking and bump into Matt Hardy. They verbally spar a bit and then walk on.
- Ortiz claims that he told announcer Dasha Gonzalez to her face that she is a pain in the ass. Santana doesn’t believe he would have the guts. Dasha overhears from far away and throws her shoe at Ortiz.
- Luchasaurus is trying to train for the match against The Elite and is attempting to do a Canadian Destroyer but is too scared.
- John Silver and Reynolds excitedly go to Brodie Lee to tell him they recruited Jungle Boy. It turns out they actually got Griff Garrison, the jobber who has been popping up on AEW Dark and has hair like Jungle Boy’s. Brodie Lee is not happy.
- Brandi Rhodes and Allie def. Rache Chanel/Diamante. Allie looked a bit upset Brandi got the pin and she didn’t, but is excited to get a fist bump from Dustin.
- Ricky Starks def. Robert Anthony
- Dark Order (3, 4, and 5) def. Shawn Dean, Joe Alonzo, and Will Hobbs
- Marko Stunt def. Michael Nakazawa
- Serpentico and Luther def. Brady Pierce and Pineapple Pete
- Jurassic Express def. Brandon Cutler and Peter Avalon. Cutler and Avalon are slowly but surely working well as a tag team. The Young Bucks came out to watch.
- Brian Cage def. Brian Pillman Jr. Justin announced Cage without recognizing him as the FTW champion. Cage forces him to announce him as the champion.
Road to Fight for the Fallen
- Arn Anderson and Cody discuss their professional relationship. Cody fights and Arn is there to offer a nugget of help here and there during a match. Arn discusses how they are going to tackle Sonny Kiss and talks about how Cody is going to need to go with power over flash.
- Arn teases that Cody might be looking to defend against the indie wrestler Warhorse (who has been heckling Cody on Twitter to fight him for weeks now).
- FTR talk about how the Lucha Bros are beneath them. Lucha Bros say they don’t care how big FTR is supposed to be, that they will beat FTR.
- Taz plays up Cage as big, powerful, a machine, etc. Moxley admits Cage has a lot of things he doesn’t, but that he can still easily beat him. Mox says he might actually like Cage if he wasn’t going to have to fight him, and that he respects a guy who will throw him on a car windshield. Mox questions about if Taz will get involved or not.
Twitter Happenings and Misc.
- Pineapple Pete’s promo for his Dark match
- Tony Khan and Big Swole had a back and forth on Twitter about her not being allowed in the arena last week.
- Shot of Brandi has Private Party on this week
- Conversation with Tony Khan and Eric Bischoff
- In case you missed it, the puppy battle royal!
Do you love wrestling? Do you have strong opinions on AEW, WWE, NJPW, Impact, ROH, and the independent scene? Do you like to write about wrestling? Then we want you on our team. AIPT is currently recruiting wrestling writers. Apply to write for AIPT today!