Hello, All Elite Wrestling fans! This week focused largely on the fallout from “Winter is Coming“. We had AEW on IMPACT, and we had a tense conversation between Private Party and Matt Hardy on Being The Elite. Twitter had plenty of good nuggets of wrestlers interacting with each other as well. Some weeks are busier than others, and this is definitely one of them. Make sure to read get what’s been going on with Impact, BTE, and social media before you enjoy Dynamite tonight!
Being The Elite
- John Silver decides holds a game of Uno to see who will be the next person to challenge him for the BTE championship. Shawn Dean ends up winning and will challenge Silver next week for the title.
- We have the clip of The Acclaimed insulting the Bucks and them getting attacked by TH2. Nick is thrown into the trash can and thinks to himself that he hopes no one saw that.
- Ortiz, Dasha, and Diamante stumble upon Alex Abrahantes. Alex is hopped up on Kool-Aid while watching clips of the Dark Order. The group is worried about him as he rushes off for a meeting with the Dark Order.
- The Dark Order leave out a trail of glasses of whiskey to lure hangman into their club.
- Kazarian finds Cutler and says he is relieved he isn’t being a stupid mark today. Cutler then reveals he’s wearing one of Kazarian’s shirts. Frankie scolds him for, you guessed it, being a mark and not wearing his own merch. Frankie yells at him some more and is told once again that he needs anger management.
- Matt Hardy continues to brag to everyone, this time telling Marko Stunt he should be extremely thankful of him. Matt says if it wasn’t for him Marko wouldn’t be in the business at all. He tells Marko to show some respect. He mentions that The Bucks need to get a better attitude and that Marko shouldn’t read their book.
- Cutler runs into Sammy who is filming his vlog. He and Fuego both cut promos about their upcoming match on Dark.
- Matt Hardy and Private Party talk about the battle royal last week. Private Party is upset that Matt screwed both of them over. Matt says that when he hit Kassidy out he was actually going for John Silver. He says it was actually Kassidy’s fault for not being good enough to hold onto the rope. He then says Quen being knocked out wasn’t his fault, it was Quen’s. Matt says what happened at the battle royal was all a test and they will be stronger for it. Private Party seem to buy it.
- The Bucks wish Kenny Omega good luck before his match. Kenny looks uncomfortable.
- Hangman finds the drinks the Dark Order put out and walks into the party. The Dark Order, who are completely wasted, all start cheering Hangman. Silver breaks down in tears, saying “you’re such a good wrestler!” Evil Uno drunkenly slurs out a compliment and asks Hangman to join the faction. Hangman thanks them for the offer but says he can’t. Kenny Omega’s music plays in the background and Hangman hurries off.
- The Bucks stand around shocked after the end of Dynamite. They walk into their personal locker room where Cutler begins to celebrate, not realizing what has happened. Matt proclaims that “Kenny did what he’s been talking about for a while. Kenny turned heel”.
- Sonny Kiss def. Baron Black
- Brian Cage def. Danny Limelight
- Nyla Rose def. Alex Garcia. After the match, Vickie cuts a promo. She calls out Brandi and says her business plan is failing and that yet again another victim has fallen victim to Nyla.
- Dustin Rhodes is on Britt Baker’s talk show. His facepaint is purple and black, just like The Dark Order. Britt is a bit disrespectful and Dustin takes it very personally, ripping into Britt. He talks about how he’s ready to take on the Dark Order and he is going to start with Ten on Dynamite this week. Marko Stunt then plays his guitar as the musical guest.
- Ten of the Dark Order def. Aaron Salow
- ‘Pretty’ Peter Avalon def. Louie Valle. After the match, Peter declares he is starting something called Pretty Peter’s Pageant Provocation. It’s an open challenge, but only for beautiful people.
- Gunn Club def. Shawn Dean, Sean Maluta & Ryzin
- Red Velvet def. Dani Jordyn
- Jurassic Express def. Falco & Mike Magnum
- Brandon Cutler def. Fuego del Sol
- Ivelisse def. Skyler Moore
- Big Swole def. Lindsay Snow
- The Hybrid2 def. Sotheara Chhun
- Diamante def. Tesha Price
- TH2 cuts a promo backstage. Jack Evans claims the Young Bucks have been doing everything to keep them back but they’re going to win tomorrow on Dynamite and earn that title match.
- Shanna def. Freya States
- The Acclaimed def. Jon Cruz & Michael Nakazawa
- Varsity Blondes (Griff Garrison & Brian Pillman, Jr.) def. Colt Cabana & Alex Reynolds
- Dasha says that the Nightmare Family hasn’t forgotten what the Dark Order did and he will take out each and every member.
- The Varsity Blondes say they are ready for their tag team match with FTR on Dynamite.
- Throughout the show, commentary kept talking about how Kenny was just outside. Throughout the whole show things were being hyped.
- Tony Khan purchased an ad that ran at the beginning of IMPACT. He says that he isn’t mad, he thinks this is good for AEW. He notes he could sue Kenny for coming onto IMPACT, but he’s not going to because Kenny on IMPACT is good for exposure. He does note he is upset about how Kenny won the title, though.
- Tommy Dreamer expresses some concerns about Kenny Omega being on the show. He says the wrestlers at Impact work so hard and it may upset people to just give time to an outsider.
- Josh Mathews goes to interview Callis and Omega in Omega’s trailer. They switch out the Mox name plate on the belt with Kenny’s on air. Kenny tosses Moxley’s name away. Callis talks about how Kenny winning the title is a thing 25 years in the making. Callis says he was a commentator for NJPW when Kenny was there, do you think that was a coincidence? Callis makes it clear this has been a part of a super duper long con.
- Kenny then talks about how he is looking to travel around, perhaps start a collection of belts. Callis says, “hey we have some belts here at Impact!” Kenny seems interested. The two walk off.
Twitter Happenings and Misc
- Hangman tweets out a rather angry tweet to no one in particular. Chuck Taylor says hi.
- Kenny Omega gets into an argument with a fan.
- Kenny and Callis were spotted at the airport by a fan.
- A fan asks Matt Hardy why he’s getting booed. Hardy replies.
- Isiah Kassidy is mad that some people are calling him “Minuteman” for only lasting a minute in the battle royal. Hardy tries to “help out”.
- MJF’s grandmother has some words for Orange Cassidy. Cassidy responds. MJF responds back.
- All week MJF has tried to make it seem like Sammy was the one who was going to throw in the towel.
Like what we do here at AIPT? Consider supporting us and independent comics journalism by becoming a patron today! In addition to our sincere thanks, you can browse AIPT ad-free, gain access to our vibrant Discord community of patrons and staff members, get trade paperbacks sent to your house every month, and a lot more. Click the button below to get started!
Do you love wrestling? Do you have strong opinions on AEW, WWE, NJPW, Impact, ROH, and the independent scene? Do you like to write about wrestling? Then we want you on our team. AIPT is currently recruiting wrestling writers. Apply to write for AIPT today!