A new board game utilizing Frank Miller’s Batman: The Dark Knight Returns is on the way and it’s set for a 2022 release. It’s actually a Kickstarter you can back today but is also appearing on online toystores too. The solo board game, that’s right you’ll be playing this by yourself, allows you to become Batman and face off against a gauntlet of villains. That includes Superman too.
The game was created by Morgan Dontanville and Daryl Andrews and is meant for hardcore and casual gamers. It comes with four missions, each featuring their own unique rules, allies, abilities, and epic boss battles. There are also variables including Fight and Detective cards which add to the replayability.
At nearly halfway funded with a goal of $250,000, the game has 23 days left to go. It’s worth noting the deluxe-edition is only $99 on Kickstarter, but $110.99 via BigBadToyStore.com.
Some game features include:
- Product Features
- 90 Minutes playtime
- Solo game
- Ages 14+
- Showcases art by Frank Miller
- Playable as standalone missions or epic playthrough
- Each play-through will throw unique resources and challanges at your
- Deluxe edition features box with hinged lid and magnetic clasp
- Includes 17 mini figures
- Map board
- Board marker
- 11 Batarang dice
- 33 Custom dice
- 170 Tokens
- 19 Standees
- 12 Card types
- 17 Mini figures
Join the AIPT Patreon
Want to take our relationship to the next level? Become a patron today to gain access to exclusive perks, such as:
- ❌ Remove all ads on the website
- 💬 Join our Discord community, where we chat about the latest news and releases from everything we cover on AIPT
- 📗 Access to our monthly book club
- 📦 Get a physical trade paperback shipped to you every month
- 💥 And more!