Greetings, All Elite Wrestling buddies! This week, we had some important Hangman Page and Dark Order news on BTE! We also have the rationale behind the Cutler/Hager match for this week. AEW Dark didn’t have anything of consequence, but all the matches in the women’s tournament were absolutely amazing. And as always, there were a couple fun tweets and other shenanigans happening on social media. So check it all out, and enjoy Dynamite tonight!
Being The Elite
- The Bucks ask what took the Good Brothers so long to come rescue them last week on Dynamite. The Good Brothers then say that they needed to just masturbate really quick before running in, thus why they were late.
- Allie poisons Cutler’s coffee when he isn’t looking. He goes to take a sip when Braxton Sutter unwittingly calls Brandon to go do something. Allie gets frustrated at Braxton.
- Matt Hardy and Isiah Kassidy are talking about how great they are for having beaten up Hangman. Matt Hardy says he’s going to destroy Page at Revolution. Matt then asks Mike Posey if he’s seen TH2 anywhere, and offers to represent him even though he’s just a ref.
- Kassidy and Matt Hardy approach TH2 and give them the money he promised them for beating up Hangman. He also offers them TH2 a contract with him.
- The Young Bucks talk to Cutler and say thanks for always having their back. They offer Cutler a match against Jack Hager. Cutler is excited to have a match on Dynamite, saying he’s worked his butt off and he has earned it. Cutler then walks off. The Young Bucks then say to each other that he didn’t earn this match at all, it’s just pure nepotism”
- The Dark Order talk about how great a job they did when they saved Hangman and how they looked like total hunks. They then all talk about how hot Hangman is. They then go on and on about how hot Hangman is for a good minute or two. They decide that he’s so hot that “Hangman f*cks” (obviously a reversal of their previous chant months ago of “f*ck Hangman”).
- Hangman comes into the Dark Order club and Evil Uno says “what if you don’t have to join, but we just are friends,” and Hangman accepts. All of them have a great time chanting and cheering.
- Sammy Guevara lays naked with nothing covering him but the BTE belt. He says he didn’t feel like going to Dynamite but has been told to defend his title. He says that on his vlog he will defend the title against his mom.
- Brian Cage def. John Skyler
- Lee Johnson def. Serpentico. Lee is now being accompanied by Arn Anderson who is coaching him ringisde.
- Eddie Kingston def. DJ Drake
- Leyla Hirsch def. Brooke Havok. Cody came out with Havok
- Jurassic Express def. Angel Fashion & VSK
- QT Marshall def. JJ Garrett
- Max Caster def. Marko Stunt
- Alex Reynolds & John Silver def. Louie Valle and Chris Peaks
- Kip Sabian def. Fuego Del Sol
- Varsity Blondes def. Shawn Dean & Carlie Bravo
- Ryan Nemeth def. Aaron Solow. During the match, “Pretty” Peter Avalon came with Cezar Bononi out in his robe to get a closer look at Solow. After the match they beat him down only to be chased off by the Nightmare Family
- Ivelisse & Diamante def. Miranda Alize Renee Michelle
- Top Flight def. Tony Vega & Steven Stetson
- Bear Country, Joey Janela & Sonny Kiss def. M’Badu, Daniel Joseph, Aaron Frye & Levy Shapiro
- Peter Avalon & Cezar Bononi def. Ryzin & Baron Black
- KiLynn King def. Tesha Price
- SCU def. TH2 and Matt & Mike Sydal
AEW Women’s World Championship Eliminator Tournament
- Nyla Rose def. Tay Conti. Nyla was able to throw her weight around as was expected. She had control of the match for most of the time, keeping things slow and methodical. At one point Aubrey was distracted and Tay got a surprise roll up on Nyla for more than a 3 count, but of course Aubrey missed it.
- Yuka Sakazaki def. Emi Sakura. Control bounced back and forth between the two women. Sakura got in an impressive cross body and then her minions attacked Sakazaki when the ref wasn’t looking, which led to her dominating the match. Toward the end, a long, great sequence of counters resulted in Sakazaki winning with a crucifix pin. Sakura’s minions went to beat Yuka but Shida came out to defend Yuka.
- Ryo Mizunami def. Aja Kong. This was extremely even pretty much the entire match. Mizunami did a lot of damage to Kong’s leg which troubled Kong for the entire match. Toward the end, Kong threw a small trash bin to Shida who instinctively caught it, then Kong rammed Ryo head first into it. Despite this, Ryo was able to pull off a leg drop to Kong outside the ring then get back in to win by count out.
- Britt Baker def. Madi Wrenkowski. Excalibur mentioned that Madi is one of Thunder Rosa’s students. Britt attacked Madi during Madi’s entrance. Britt had the upper hand most the time, but when Madi did have control she went after Britt’s nose since she had broken it last year. Her concern for her nose exposed a fair amount of weakness, but Britt was still the better wrestler, coming out with the win. She beat down Madi after to send a message to Thunder Rosa.
Twitter Happenings and Miscellaneous
- On IMPACT, the AEW commercial this week had a bunch of heels come out and cut promos for their AEW matches this week.
- Unfortunately, Anna Jay has been injured and will be out for upwards of a year
- On Sammy’s vlog, Brandi asks Fuego to deal with Sammy being a PR nightmare, Marko and Fuego take over the vlog since Sammy isn’t there, and Sammy’s mom wasn’t able to make it for the match.
- Last week during Dynamite, Hangman appears to be looking for a new lawn mower (a call back to last year) now that he might have a big windfall of cash coming in
- Paul Wight is now part of AEW! Who saw that coming? Also, Tony seems to be moving forward with another iteration of AEW Dark.
- Britt replies to threats from Maki Itoh.
- John Silver now has a YouTube channel where he and other AEW talent recreate scenes from movies
- Chuck Taylor to replace Anna Jay as the blonde in Dark Order?
Like what we do here at AIPT? Consider supporting us and independent comics journalism by becoming a patron today! In addition to our sincere thanks, you can browse AIPT ad-free, gain access to our vibrant Discord community of patrons and staff members, get trade paperbacks sent to your house every month, and a lot more. Click the button below to get started!
Do you love wrestling? Do you have strong opinions on AEW, WWE, NJPW, Impact, ROH, and the independent scene? Do you like to write about wrestling? Then we want you on our team. AIPT is currently recruiting wrestling writers. Apply to write for AIPT today!