Though it’s already been released in both Mexico and Japan, the upcoming anime series, Godzilla Singular Point, will have its global premiere this week on Thursday, June 24. It will follow a graduate student and engineer who are mysteriously brought together by a song. They then team up and lead the fight against an overwhelming force that can destroy the world.
Key features of the show include:
- Following the success of Godzilla anime films, Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters, Godzilla: City on the Edge of Battle and Godzilla: The Planet Eater comes an all new original anime series from director Atsushi Takahashi(Doraemon the Movie 2017: Great Adventure in the Antarctic Kachi Kochi).
- Anime studio bones (My Hero Academia) in partnership with studio Orange (Beastars, Land of the Lustrous), serve as series producers, combining hand-drawn and CG animation styles.
- In addition to director Takahashi, the creative team includes Kan Sawada, composer for countless Doraemon films and series such as Yowamushi Pedal, Japanese science-fiction novelistToh Enjoemaking his TV debut as editor and writer for the series, Kazue Kato creator of Blue Exorcist and the hit comic currently serialized in Jump Square will serve as the character designer, and animator Eiji Yamamorifrom Studio Ghibli films including Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away and The Wind Rises will do the Kaiju design.
That’s quite a pedigree for all the creatives involved and should be an interesting addition to the Godzilla franchise. All thirteen episodes of Godzilla Singular Point will be made available June 24 on Netflix.
Join the AIPT Patreon
Want to take our relationship to the next level? Become a patron today to gain access to exclusive perks, such as:
- ❌ Remove all ads on the website
- 💬 Join our Discord community, where we chat about the latest news and releases from everything we cover on AIPT
- 📗 Access to our monthly book club
- 📦 Get a physical trade paperback shipped to you every month
- 💥 And more!