Chris and Chandler return to Ann Nocenti’s work, this time her miniseries Beauty and the Beast starring Dazzler and Beast. On the surface, the series looks to be a silly romp through Hollywood fluff, but peeling back the layers we discover all the sinister traps Hollywood has in store for stars like Dazzler. Oh, and apparently Doctor Doom has something going on in this story too.
Beauty and the Beast #1 was published in December 1984. That same month:
- Top film at the time: Beverly Hills Cop
- Top song at the time: Tie between “Out of Touch” by Hall & Oates and “Like a Virgin” by Madonna
- Andra Day, Theo James, and Jackson Rathbone are all born this month
Find us on the AIPT Podcast Network and wherever you listen to podcasts: Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Podcast Addict and more. Follow our show to be alerted when new episodes appear the first and third Wednesday of the month. Check us out on social media @xreadspodcast on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Learn more about X-Reads here: https://linktr.ee/xreadspodcast
Join the AIPT Patreon
Want to take our relationship to the next level? Become a patron today to gain access to exclusive perks, such as:
- ❌ Remove all ads on the website
- 💬 Join our Discord community, where we chat about the latest news and releases from everything we cover on AIPT
- 📗 Access to our monthly book club
- 📦 Get a physical trade paperback shipped to you every month
- 💥 And more!