Incredible cover artist David Nakayama, known for his iconic character color bleed variants, joins Chris and Chandler to recap Generation X #1 and praise the work by Bachalo and Lobdell in their seminal ’90s creation. Together they recite the witty dialog with glee between Monet, Jubilee, Synch, Husk, Skin, Banshee, Emma, and Chamber.
Generation X #1 was published in November 1994. That same month:
- Top film at the time: Interview with the Vampire
- Top song at the time: “I’ll Make Love To You” by Boyz II Men
- The first PlayStation console released in Japan!
- Bill Gates buys Leonardo da Vinci’s “Codex” for $30,800,00
- The musical “Sunset Blvd” debuts by Andrew Lloyd Webber
David Nakayama is a freelance Cover Artist for Marvel, Hasbro, DC, many others, known for his color bleed variants (see below) and his iconic cartoon style. One of David’s first jobs as an illustrator was creating the box art to X-Men: The Animated Series on home video. He has drawn variant covers for almost every X-Men title currently in print, amongst many other comics. Check out his website to learn more!
Find us on the AIPT Podcast Network and wherever you listen to podcasts: Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Podcast Addict and more. Follow our show to be alerted when new episodes appear the first and third Wednesday of the month. Check us out on social media @xreadspodcast on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. For more X-Men related content, be sure to check out AIPT’s Chris Hassan’s weekly X-Men Mondays.
Learn more about X-Reads here: https://linktr.ee/xreadspodcast
Join the AIPT Patreon
Want to take our relationship to the next level? Become a patron today to gain access to exclusive perks, such as:
- ❌ Remove all ads on the website
- 💬 Join our Discord community, where we chat about the latest news and releases from everything we cover on AIPT
- 📗 Access to our monthly book club
- 📦 Get a physical trade paperback shipped to you every month
- 💥 And more!