On Saturday at Star Wars Celebration 2022, Dave Filoni announced a new six-episode anthology series entitled Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi.
— Star Wars (@starwars) May 28, 2022
Each episode, which will be animated in the same style as Star Wars: The Clone Wars, will focus on a Jedi during the prequel era. The series is slated to debut on Disney+ this fall, so it would not be a long wait to see it.
We weren’t lucky enough to be at the panel, but Matt Schimkowitz at AV Club has a pretty good rundown of what was discussed. A few of the highlights include:
- Each episode will be short (so around 15 minutes each).
- The episode featuring Count Dooku will be particularly dark.
- Liam Neeson will voice Qui-Gon Jin.
Filoni also showed attendees the first episode, “Life and Death,” which shows us Ahsoka’s birth and childhood (and caused my jealousy of those who were there to burn brighter than both of Tatooine’s suns).
No official footage or images have been released by LucasFilm except for the following stills from Ahsoka’s episode, which are embedded below:
— Star Wars (@starwars) May 29, 2022
UPDATE: On Sunday, leaked videos of the trailer for Tales of the Jedi began to pop up around the internet — which you should totally not watch. Here are a few of the highlights:
- Annakin training Ahsoka with a bunch of Phase 1 clone troopers.
- Mace Windu trying to hold back Count Dooku during a fight while a young Qui-Gon Jin looks conflicted over what his master is saying/doing.
- Ahsoka about to fight the Sixth Brother, which looked amazing, but also appears to like it will be yet another retcon to E.K. Johnston’s Ahsoka novel.
- Yaddle fighting Dooku. I repeat…YADDLE FIGHTING DOOKU!
In other animated Star Wars news, Star Wars: Young Jedi Adventures will be a children’s series set during the High Republic Era. The show will debut on Disney+ and Disney Junior in the Spring of 2023.
Read the series’ official description from LucasFilm below!
A new class of aspiring Jedi younglings are set to enter The High Republic next year.
The first full-length animated Star Wars series created for preschoolers, early grade schoolers, and their families, these original stories will follow Younglings as they are swept off into adventures, and start their journeys on the path to becoming Jedi Knights, learning valuable skills for our galaxy and the galaxy far, far away. The Jedi-in-training will tackle topics of compassion, self-discipline, teamwork, patience, and friendship.
Set during The High Republic era, the Original Series follows Younglings as they study the ways of the Force and become Jedi: Compassion, self-discipline, teamwork, patience, and friendship. Young Jedi Adventures is coming to Disney+ and Disney Junior spring 2023. pic.twitter.com/EbcmI98ecv
— Star Wars (@starwars) May 27, 2022
Join the AIPT Patreon
Want to take our relationship to the next level? Become a patron today to gain access to exclusive perks, such as:
- ❌ Remove all ads on the website
- 💬 Join our Discord community, where we chat about the latest news and releases from everything we cover on AIPT
- 📗 Access to our monthly book club
- 📦 Get a physical trade paperback shipped to you every month
- 💥 And more!