The very educated and astute knowledge of Doctor J. Andrew Derman of The Claremont Run joins Chris and Chandler as they journey into Limbo and recap the grand finale of Magik’s mini-series run with Magik #4. Dr. Derman selected this issue for the podcast to reflect on the complex character of Illyana and the ways Claremont pushed the boundaries of comic book storytelling through her trial by fire in Limbo. The Claremont Run is a project exploring Chris Claremont’s sixteen year run on Uncanny X-Men, and its impact on gender and sexuality in comics, and long continuity in modern media. You can learn more at www.claremontrun.com or by following them on social media @theclaremontrun.
Magik #4 was published in March 1984. That same month:
- Top film at the time: Splash
- Top song at the time: “Jump” by Van Halen
- Starlight Express opens by Andrew Lloyd Webber
- Actress and director Olivia Wilde and singer Katherine McPhee are born
Find us on the AIPT Podcast Network and wherever you listen to podcasts: Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Podcast Addict, and more. Follow our show to be alerted when new episodes appear on the first and third Wednesday of the month. Check us out on social media @xreadspodcast on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. For more X-Men-related content, be sure to check out AIPT’s Chris Hassan’s weekly X-Men Mondays.
Learn more about X-Reads here: https://linktr.ee/xreadspodcast
Join the AIPT Patreon
Want to take our relationship to the next level? Become a patron today to gain access to exclusive perks, such as:
- ❌ Remove all ads on the website
- 💬 Join our Discord community, where we chat about the latest news and releases from everything we cover on AIPT
- 📗 Access to our monthly book club
- 📦 Get a physical trade paperback shipped to you every month
- 💥 And more!