Mark begins to gather his forces in preparation for the world of hurt that Agent Bremble is about to rain down on Eden…
First Read Reactions
- …oh yeah, and Laura Shiffron also killed a high level FBI director. That probably isn’t going to go over very well.
- Nice to see that Bremble hasn’t been completely brainwashed by Isaac (and that he’s keeping himself in romance-novel-cover-model shape).
- Seriously? Sheriff Magnum actually reads a magazine called Classy Broads?
- Holy crap. Bremble is 100% savage.
- I know Mark can seem obtuse sometimes, but he’s asking Maggie the same question I’m betting we all want to hear answered.
- Hell yeah, Maggie. Hell yeah.
- Laura Shiffron packs a lot more heat than what you see her working with in those mom jeans.
Once again, artist Isaac Goodhart and letterer Troy Peteri combine to form one of the coolest gunshot panels you can imagine. Also, Goodhart is becoming quite the master of drawing people who have had their heads exploded.
Story-wise, Bryan Hill does an excellent job setting things up without letting the narrative drag. I still don’t feel like it’s entirely clear how all these incredibly smart/cunning people think they have a chance against both the FBI and Bremble/Isaac, but it sure is cool watching them deal with it. I also appreciate that Bremble’s character arc isn’t simply devolving into him being a brainwashed goon. The dude’s gotten to a point where he’s arguably just as terrifying as Isaac.
Speaking of Isaac, it does feel like he’s maybe softened a bit too much, but that could totally just be my perception based on how he currently interacts with Bremble. Either way, I think we’re about to see just how scary/ruthless he and everyone else can be when war comes to Eden.
Like what we do here at AIPT? Consider supporting us and independent comics journalism by becoming a patron today! In addition to our sincere thanks, you can gain access to our vibrant Discord community of patrons and staff members, get trade paperbacks sent to your house every month, and a lot more. Click the button below to get started!