DC Comics is releasing a 100-page one-shot comic book to coincide with the Funko DC Primal toy line. This book can be purchased exclusively at Target and should be found in the endcap of the toy aisle at Target stores. The comic features creators like Marv Wolfman, Louise Simonson, Jerry Ordway, and more.
If you ever wanted Superman and Batman wielding swords, using magic, and fighting mystical beasts this is going to be your jam.
Read the full press release below for all the details.
DC PRIMAL AGE–a new comic book based on the popular retro-style Funko action figure line of the same name–is now available for purchase exclusively at Target stores.
The 100-page one-shot is rooted in the sword and sorcery genre and creates a barbarian mythos behind the Funko action figures, presenting glimpses into the reimagined backstories and superpowers of Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman and other iconic DC characters.
Acclaimed comic book writer Marv Wolfman and artist Scott Koblish tell a 32-page main story featuring an epic battle between the Justice League and The Joker, which is followed by five short stories from fellow legendary comics creators Louise Simonson and Jerry Ordway with artists Phil Winslade, Brent Anderson, Chuck Patton and Keith Pollard.
“Working on DC PRIMAL AGE was great,” stated Wolfman. “I got to play with so many of DC’s most popular characters, but in ways we’ve never seen them before.”
Fans can find DC PRIMAL AGE and their favorite DC Primal Age Funko action figures in the endcap of the toy aisle at Target stores.
For more information about the comic and talent lineup, see below.
DC PRIMAL AGE
100-Page Comic GIANT!
Now exclusively available to purchase at Target stores
DC Super Heroes in a barbarian world team up for a battle against evil, with the fate of Paradise Island in the balance! As Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Superman work together to stop The Joker and King Shark from sinking Themyscira into the sea, Batman must decide whether he can trust the alien Superman long enough to join forces. He’s ready to help, but at what cost?
Then, learn more about these primitive heroes and villains in five thrilling short stories. Wonder Woman rescues a young boy in the forest and takes an interest in his fate. Mr. Freeze faces a fire-breathing dragon in a fight to save his frozen wife! Batman saves a sorcerer who offers to join his battle against evil. The Joker visits a small village, to devastating effect. And Superman goes rogue…or is there another explanation for his bizarre antics?
- “The Primal Age” (32-page main story) – Written by Marv Wolfman with art by Scott Koblish
- “Born on a Monday” – Written and drawn by Jerry Ordway
- “Ice and Fire” – Written by Louise Simonson with art by Phil Winslade
- “Darkest Knight” – Written by Louise Simonson with art by Brent Anderson
- “The Joker’s Wild” – Written by Jerry Ordway with art by Chuck Patton, Karl Kesel and Tom Derenick
- “Not a Bird…” – Written by Marv Wolfman with art by Keith Pollard and Jose Marzan Jr.
Join the AIPT Patreon
Want to take our relationship to the next level? Become a patron today to gain access to exclusive perks, such as:
- ❌ Remove all ads on the website
- 💬 Join our Discord community, where we chat about the latest news and releases from everything we cover on AIPT
- 📗 Access to our monthly book club
- 📦 Get a physical trade paperback shipped to you every month
- 💥 And more!
You must be logged in to post a comment.