The latest round of Hearthstone updates from Blizzard/Team 5 includes the first two chapters of single-player Saviors of Uldum adventure Tombs of Terror going live on September 17th; a breakdown of the Dual-Class heroes for the aforementioned Tombs of Terror; a smart-deck builder for Wild mode; and a big change to Discover effects.
Enter the tombs… if you dare. The Tombs of Terror are opening soon, and we’re relying on the League of Explorers to put a stop to the misguided miscreants and powerful plague lords unleashed upon the world by Arch-Villain Rafaam and his League of E.V.I.L.
Read on for details on everything that’s coming in this update, including the new solo adventure, card changes, game updates, and more!
Tombs of Terror! – Chapters 1&2 Launching September 17
Hearthstone’s newest Solo Adventure is just over the next dune! Here’s what’s in store for you in the Tombs of Terror:
- Dual-Class Heroes!
Even if you’re a legendary Hero, defeating world-threatening plague lords and powerful evil leagues takes a little extra effort. Whether by redoubling their educational efforts, wrestling with the martial arts, honing their holy pursuits, or pilfering some powerful magical machinery, Elise, Brann, Finley, and Reno have spent their time in the desert honing new crafts and preparing for the people’s cry for heroes to save the day. Choose one Hero and have access to cards from two classes, along with some brand-new Hero Powers and treasures!
- Plague Lords!
Massive murloc amalgamations, maelstroms of whirling madness, and just… Straight. Up. Death. The League of E.V.I.L. has unleashed powerful plague lords onto the world, and it’s up to you to stop them! These larger-than-life monstrosities have gigantic persistent health pools. So, while you probably won’t take them down on your first attempt, you’ll pick up where you left off on the next run!
- Powerful Signature Treasures!
A good explorer always comes prepared. Dig into your pack of tools and start your run with a powerful treasure of your choice. Unlocked by completing challenges and bosses during your runs, your pack will fill out with tons of magical loot and powerful cards as you progress through the Tombs of Terror.
Pre-Purchase Tombs of Terror
Get the limited-time Deluxe Adventure Bundle to claim your Card Back and random Saviors of Uldum Legendary!
- When the Tombs unlock on September 17, the standard Adventure will be available at a lower price, which excludes the Card Back and random Legendary.
Chapters 3, 4, and the Grand Finale (included with Chapter 4) will be released in the following weeks.
Smart Deck Builder Goes Wild!
The smart deck builder can now create or complete Wild format Decks. For more information on the smart deck builder, check out our Dev Insights blog here.
- Please note that this feature is still in active development and you may encounter unexpected results.
The following Card Backs have been added to the game:
- Titanic Tasks: Acquired by completing Tombs of Terror on normal difficulty.
- Tomb Invader: Acquired by completing Tombs of Terror on Heroic difficulty.
- Darkmoon Faire: Acquired by winning 5 games in ranked mode during the October 2019 season.
- Cards that Discover from a random pool no longer apply a class bonus. As Discover pools have gotten more specific, some are too narrow and repetitive. This change will increase the variety of cards from random Discover pools.
- Fixed an issue causing the mouse cursor to become the eye cursor after exiting the Tavern in Tombs of Terror
- Dire Frenzy should now properly generate golden cards if the target minion is golden
- Hero powers rewarded from Quest cards should now properly become visually disabled on the turn the Hero power is rewarded if Mindbreaker is in play
- Elise the Enlightened will now duplicate cards in hand from left to right, instead of randomly
- Newly discovered Hero powers from Sir Finley of the Sands should now properly become visually disabled if Mindbreaker is in play
- Fixed several visual and sound issues when a Hero power is replaced (either by Quest completion or Sir Finley of the Sands) after the original Hero power was already used that turn
What do you think of the Hearthstone Saviors of Uldum 15.2 update? Do the Discover mechanic changes mean that we’ll no longer see myriad Omega Devastators or multiple Armagedillo per match? Are the changes warranted and healthy for the competitive meta? Sound off in the comments.
Like what we do here at AIPT? Consider supporting us and independent comics journalism by becoming a patron today! In addition to our sincere thanks, you can browse AIPT ad-free, gain access to our vibrant Discord community of patrons and staff members, get trade paperbacks sent to your house every month, and a lot more. Click the button below to get started!