Last month Capy Games revealed that their brutally difficulty and stunningly gorgeous dungeon-craw roguelike adventure game, Below, would be coming to the PS4 sometime in spring 2020. The company confirmed today in a Playstation Blog post that the game will be released on Sony’s PS4 on Tuesday, April 7, 2020.
The game was originally released as an exclusive on Xbox One and PC in December of 2018. Watch Below’s announcement trailer for PS4 and the new Explore mode…below.
Below’s PS4 port will include a new game mode called Explore which offers a less punishing experience for players that couldn’t handle the extremely difficult challenges encountered in the preexisting game mode.
“So while some fans loved the punishing challenge, others desperately wanted to be able to spend more time simply bathing in the dripping darkness of Below’s environments, without having to surmount the sheer cliff of the game’s difficulty,” said Capy Games Creative Director Kris Piotrowski in a post on Sony’s Playstation Blog. “The Explore Update was created exactly for these players, designed for everyone to enjoy.”
The Explore Update features these changes to Below’s core rules:
- No Survival Mechanics: Hunger + Thirst never drain.
- Traps, Damage & Death: No instant kills + All damage depletes player Health slowly through bleeding, giving players a chance to recover.
- Permanent Campfire Checkpoints: Checkpoints can always be returned to after death, allowing players to continue progressing deeper into the underworld with greatly reduced backtracking.
Below will become available for PS4 on April 7 for the cost of $24.99.
Join the AIPT Patreon
Want to take our relationship to the next level? Become a patron today to gain access to exclusive perks, such as:
- ❌ Remove all ads on the website
- 💬 Join our Discord community, where we chat about the latest news and releases from everything we cover on AIPT
- 📗 Access to our monthly book club
- 📦 Get a physical trade paperback shipped to you every month
- 💥 And more!