Kevin Eastman, legendary comic book artist and writer best known for co-creating�Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, will work with Marvel Comics for the first time in�King-Size Conan #1. The news was first discovered in Marvel’s December 2020 solicitations.
King-Size Conan celebrates 50 years of Conan the Barbarian in comics, and is an oversized special with a huge list of creators attached to it, including:
- Writers: Roy Thomas, Kurt Busiek, Chris Claremont, Kevin Eastman, Steven S. Deknight
- Artists: Steve McNiven, Pete Woods, Roberto de la Torre, Kevin Eastman, Jes�s Saiz
While much is still unknown about Eastman’s contribution specifically — the solicit only calls it “a tale of revenge” — he is confirmed to be both writing and drawing it.
Eastman, along with Peter Laird, founded Mirage Studios in 1984 and published the first�Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comic. The humble self-published comic went on to be one of the most popular and enduring franchises of the 1980s and ’90s, spawning countless cartoon series, movies, video games, action figures, and every other merchandising opportunity that continue to be produced and consumed to this day.
King-Size Conan runs 64 pages and will be released in December.
Join the AIPT Patreon
Want to take our relationship to the next level? Become a patron today to gain access to exclusive perks, such as:
- � Remove all ads on the website
- � Join our Discord community, where we chat about the latest news and releases from everything we cover on AIPT
- � Access to our monthly book club
- � Get a physical trade paperback shipped to you every month
- � And more!