On Friday, Amazon Prime revealed that Season 3 of The Boys will premiere on Friday, June 3. Just like Season 2, the first three episodes drop on the premiere date followed by five weekly episode releases (BOO!) until the season finale on July 8.
The Boys also released a chilling new teaser featuring Homelander barely keeping it together during a photo shoot. It’s not very long, but still all kinds of unsettling.
We also got the final episode of 7 on Seven with Cameron Coleman, a web series that takes place in The Boys universe that’s also a hilariously unsubtle parody of Tucker Carlson Tonight. The monthly show is normally just a fun diversion with some tantalizing Easter eggs, but this week’s episode gave us some pretty major stuff.
- The first official mention of the upcoming spinoff series about an in-universe superhero college. Students at the school (Goldokin University) will participate in an annual Hero Draft for various cities around the country. The character Golden Boy was also mentioned, meaning that Illuminerdi’s character breakdown scoop for the series (from back in March 2021) has a very good chance of being accurate.
- Cameron Coleman conducted a “fair and balanced” interview with Hughie Campbell. Not much was revealed, but it did serve as an extended look at one of the series leads in his new role with the Federal Bureau of Superhuman Affairs. The interview also ended with him having his mic cut, a classic
TuckerCam move. Starlight/Annie will be hosting a reality show entitled American Hero, which will help select who takes the two opens slots in The Seven.
- Cameron Coleman is getting his own one hour nightly show. While I doubt that’s actually going to happen in reality, it hopefully means we’ll get to see even more of his smug grins and ridiculous commercials in the future.
Join the AIPT Patreon
Want to take our relationship to the next level? Become a patron today to gain access to exclusive perks, such as:
- ❌ Remove all ads on the website
- 💬 Join our Discord community, where we chat about the latest news and releases from everything we cover on AIPT
- 📗 Access to our monthly book club
- 📦 Get a physical trade paperback shipped to you every month
- 💥 And more!