On Saturday, British toystore In Demand Toys revealed that Hasbro is releasing a new 4-pack called ‘The Rescue Set’ for their Star Wars: Vintage Collection line.
The set will include the following variant repacks:
- Din Djarin with a soft goods cape, beskar spear, and flame/whistling bird effects.
- Moff Gideon with a soft goods cape, Darksaber, and a boatload of weapons.
- Grogu with child-sized handcuffs.
- A way-too-small Dark Trooper with flame effects and a gun.
The 4-pack will come in a box that can also serve as a diorama. According to a follow-up report from Yakface.com, the set is a San Diego Comic-Con 2022 and HasbroPulse exclusive. No official price or order information has been revealed yet.
There’s been a lot of complaining online about the set being variant repacks in fancy packaging, but that’s exactly what an exclusive item should be. No one misses out on the standard version of a figure they want, but a few lucky folks get something a bit more special (or a chance to make some serious bank on eBay). Can you imagine if they made a set with the Mudhorn or Kuiil riding a blurrg into an exclusive? Everyone would be all sorts of angry, myself included.
It’s worth noting, however, that the Dark Trooper is disconcertingly out of scale — so much so that the single release looks even more horrifically overpriced. That said, all those effects, soft goods, and accessories do seem pretty great. I’m not a huge fan of packaging dioramas, but this one might be worth keeping.
Let’s just hope the price (which should be revealed next week) isn’t too obscene.
Join the AIPT Patreon
Want to take our relationship to the next level? Become a patron today to gain access to exclusive perks, such as:
- ❌ Remove all ads on the website
- 💬 Join our Discord community, where we chat about the latest news and releases from everything we cover on AIPT
- 📗 Access to our monthly book club
- 📦 Get a physical trade paperback shipped to you every month
- 💥 And more!